Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 11:25 AM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
mang0
Journeyman
Options

I have auto pause turned off, but this still happened to me. That said, I pause manually and I can't remember if this happened me to after a manual pause or randomly.

As the previous poster said, this seems to be alright during cycling, but running it is absolutely haywire and happened to me both after 1km and after 7km.

I'm presuming this is a relatively easy bug to fix as it wasn't a problem before what seems to be an update issue.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey guys,

we can certainly get our developers to have a look at this.

Could you please send our developers and error report with log files from Samsung Members? Find how to do that here: Galaxy Watch/Gear smartwatches - How do you submit an Error Report?

0 Likes
jensmith
Apprentice
Options
Hi. I would love to be able to do this, however I'm not willing to stop my workout, walk over to my phone, get on the wearables and go through the steps to get reports sent. This doesn't seem like a logical way for us to have to get this issue fixed. I mean the watch was made for working out.
sjepaddock
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the info TessM.

FYI, the instructions for reporting the error do not match the Galaxy Watch interface.

The instructions say to navigate to Settings > About Gear > Report Diagnostics >  Toggle On

As far as I can see, "About Gear" doesn't exist in my Galaxy Watch settings.  However, I found this path:

Settings > About Watch > Debugging > Turn on

Am I right in thinking that this is what needs to be done?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Yes @sjepaddock ,

that appears to be a similar route. Alternatively,  you can follow these steps: As soon as you experience the issue (or within 15 minutes of it happening), on your phone, launch ‘Galaxy Wearable App’ > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error Reports > Input Symptoms > SEND. 

0 Likes
Oden_son
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the infomration. We will ensure the next time it happen to send the data straight away.

NeilB23
Explorer
Options

I will send an error report next time my watch gets the "whirlies" (see picture on previous post)

0 Likes
GalaxyLiam
Student
Options

Exact same issue on Galaxy Watch. Started recently so also assume it's to do with recent update. Records run for about 2km exactly then screen goes black and the workout has stopped.

Really frustrating can we please get this fixed

LewesMat
First Poster
Options

This has been happening to me aswell. Is there a way of editing runs together?

0 Likes
sjepaddock
Journeyman
Options

20200515_091558.jpg

I tried sending an error log just now as suggested by TessM. Unfortunately, I got an error message (see screenshot). 

Any top tips, TessM, to ensure the error log gets sent? Would the error report that I wrote have been submitted without the log? Is it worth trying to submit again , or should I just wait until next time ? 

Thanks 

0 Likes