Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 10:05 AM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
Jender
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the exact same problem and it's super frustrating!! Just started happening a couple of weeks ag . Rarely records a whole workout. I usually try restarting my watch before workout but still stopped after 30 mins yesterday 

NeilB23
Explorer
Options

I am also having the same issue and it is getting beyond annoying now. I find myself getting distracted by it during my training sessions, I should not need to worry about my watch tracking my activity until I've finished! Please sort this out Samsung otherwise I'll be buying a different brand.....the shocking battery life is also another reason for a change. 

NeilB23
Explorer
Options

Just done a 30 minute HIIT session only to find my watch doing this after about 20 minutes....15891133011291765779177259885904.jpg

Now I have to restart the watch to see if the workout has timed at all! For a piece of tech that cost close to £300 this is not good enough Samsung! The sooner this glitch is sorted the better and I can get back to "enjoying" my workouts.

NeilB23
Explorer
Options
FYI that workout timed for 25 minutes but the issue happens more often than not. Simply not good enough!!
sjepaddock
Journeyman
Options

I'm experiencing the same issues, i. e. tracking a workout stops part way through, and sometimes the screen just spins. Like the other contributors, this issue just started happening in the last couple of weeks. 

0 Likes
sjepaddock
Journeyman
Options

It could be my imagination, but it seems to me that the issue occurs after the watch has done an auto-pause. Has anyone else observed this? 

jensmith
Apprentice
Options

My husband just got the Active 2 for me on 5/8/20. I just did my 1st workout with it and it stopped recording 10 minutes into workout.  Did not even save it.  I restarted my workout on my watch three times! Appears to me when my wrist gets sweaty thats when it would stop.  Not sure but VERY FRUSTRATING since this was the reason he got me thi watch.  

jensmith
Apprentice
Options
I haven't had that issue.
0 Likes
Ted123
First Poster
Options

My galaxy watch stops half way through excersice and starts auto record instead,  very annoying!!!

torquay_mark
Apprentice
Options

I too have found this in the past few weeks. It seems to be related to a software 'upgrade'. Every exercise I track now stops part way through.

Cycling seems to last until auto-pause occurs, running is at any random moment, weight lifting stopped and did the screen freeze shared by another user in this thread.

Really, this watch has just been made worthless to me. I hope it gets fixed very, very soon.