Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch stopped tracking

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 04:01 AM)
Mutant04
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

My galaxy watch has been fine since I got it about 10 months now.

However for some reason its stopped tracking things. It doesn't  track floors anymore, doesn't track my sleep anymore. The heart rate monitor does work but not automatically every 10 minutes (like it did do). The altimeter/barometer doesn't  work anymore.

Everything was fine then a couple of days ago everything just stopped. I have not changed any settings.  So unsure why everything has just stopped working.

I have reset the watch. Cleaned the heart sensors. But nothing seems to work now. Which basically makes the watch a bit useless.

The only thing I can think of is that my galaxy wearable app recently had an update.

I have a galaxy Note 10+5G

Any help would be most welcome. Although it's looking like I might have to get a new watch.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Mutant04
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Since my last post (above) my watch has got worse. It's still not tracking sleep, floors and the heart rate monitor is hit and miss. Not the steps and calorie counter have also gone haywire.

The step count was showing 467 steps when I woke up this morning. I got dressed and it recorded another 130 steps when I put my socks on. And the calorie count went up by over 100.

While typing this post (so far) the calorie count has gone up by 43, I'm just sitting here typing.

Everything on the watch has gone mad. Nothing is working correctly. Really disappointed and just don't know what to do.

Steps now showing as 785 and calorie count at 597 (I've NOT moved).

Mutant04
Apprentice
Options
Steps seem to have started working again OK. The HR is still a bit hit and miss. Will record throughout the day no problem but either doesn't record my sleep at all or only records small sections so for example it will say 4 sleep record each about 30 mins or an hour sometimes only 18 minutes. Very random.

Still no floors recording at all.

I've tried rebooting. Resetting and reinstalling the gear app (as I believe an update to this started the problems) no joy yet.
0 Likes
Pretoria
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues. Watch is a little over a year old. Did you find a solution? 

0 Likes
Mutant04
Apprentice
Options

Still not got this sorted however I believe that it is in fact a couple of things that are maybe connected.

First the step counter has become very sensitive. It will count steps with any little movement. Due to this it has the knock on effect of thinking I'm walking and so stops the sleep tracker from working.  I assume this as it recorded 1567 steps while I was 'asleep'. 

This has only started since I updated the watch to firmware version 1.5.

I have since actually bought another galaxy watch and all sleep, steps HR etc are all working fine. Firmware version on this watch is still version 1.0 so a bit reluctant to update, although it keeps asking me.

Gavod
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue with the sensors not working.

From everything that I have read it seems that the issue is related to the last firmware upgrade a few months ago.

I have been patiently waiting for an update to the firmware to fix the issue but there has been no communication.

I bought a galaxy fit which does have sensors that work but it is VERY annoying that Samsung has not addressed this issue with the Galaxy Watch. 

0 Likes
djsat2
Explorer
Options

Active Watch 2 users (such as myself) have also complained about similar issues.  Contacting Samsung support tends to result in them asking you to factory reset your device which for most people temporarily fixes these issue.  But i dont think a factory reset is the final solution to the problem.  You should complain or keep the pressure on samsung support to properly investigate and fix these issues.

0 Likes
John_Leme
Student
Options

Same situation here

0 Likes