Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch stopped tracking my sleep

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 01:22 PM)
Olius
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy Watch completely stopped sleep tracking for the last 2 nights. No records at all. It tracks pulse though as usual. It happen after I restarted the watch because it drained battery at unusually high rate. 

76 REPLIES 76
jetsouth
First Poster
Options

For four days now, I've had issues with the sleep tracking. The first night it stopped in there middle of the night. The second night, it didn't track any sleep at all. The third day/night, it recorded me watching an hour plus of me watching TV on the couch as sleep. Finally last night, again it didn't track any sleep. I've also noticed it starts tracking a bit earlier than when going going to bed and continues tracking a bit after I wake up.

0 Likes
Darrenwalsh
Pathfinder
Options

I think the heart monitor is faulty in the first galaxy watch, I sent mine back and got a full refund and bought the galaxy watch 3 and haven't looked back since

0 Likes
Emma_frances93
First Poster
Options

Hi

I bought the new Samsung galaxy 3 watch yesterday. Its all connect to my phone no problems. It tracked how many hours sleep I did last night however it isn't showing the REM. Its saying couldn't get record from phone. Anyone know what that could mean? Is there something I need to do?

Thanks

0 Likes
MikeChapman
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem, unfortunately looks like there is no firm answer.  At first I thought it was because I hadn't been wearing the watch.  After all whats the point when you're working from home.  I want to track my sleep patterns so put it back on.  At first it wasn't tracking sleep.  After a lot of fiddling with the settings I switched from continuous heart rate to every 10 minutes, it worked that night.  It's been ok for maybe two weeks but has again stopped tracking.  That was after a day where I hadn't worn the watch until late at night before going to bed.  I think maybe the watch needs to be tracking you through the day to figure out when you go to sleep.  This is a bit tricky if you need to charge the watch battery. So the watch is back on today.  It's also possible you need to be active during the day - just a thought.

0 Likes
MikeChapman
First Poster
Options

I can add more to this.  I've now started charging the watch in the morning and then wearing the watch for the rest of the day and moving around, but I think it's important to wear the watch for several hours before sleep.  This gives the watch a baseline on activity so likely not a good idea to lounge around too much before sleep - be a bit active.  My watch is recording sleep patterns since I've started doing this.

0 Likes
Samsmugs
Student
Options

Thank you I am hopeful this will work!

0 Likes
joe164
Apprentice
Options

I had this same problem, and tried the various suggested solutions offered above - to no avail. In the end, I managed to solve the problem using the oldest trick in the book: a restart.

Press and hold the Home button for 7 seconds and the watch will restart. For me, the sleep tracking worked immediately afterwards.

0 Likes