Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch stopped tracking my sleep

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 12:14 PM)
Olius
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy Watch completely stopped sleep tracking for the last 2 nights. No records at all. It tracks pulse though as usual. It happen after I restarted the watch because it drained battery at unusually high rate. 

76 REPLIES 76
Darrenwalsh
Pathfinder
Options
Cool be sure to let us know here
0 Likes
Darrenwalsh
Pathfinder
Options
That's what mine does be like but I do wake up! Maybe you are to and not remembering lol
0 Likes
Snn5
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I had my watch on all night and when I got up it asked me if I had been asleep between 10 p.m. and 6 am. So it didn't even record any of it.

In fact just to add on another layer of problems, my BP Labs 2.0 seems to want to turn on the watch screen at a morning check-in interval every morning. This morning I didn't realize it and it had already sucked up 35% of my battery life. So because that app is a bit gimmicky and not reliable I uninstalled it.

I'm still not sure if sleep mode has anything to do with the problem as I have turned it off and on, with no tracking either way. The problem is is that with sleep mode off I am subject to touch some other part of my body or my partner during the night and it activates the screen. I've woken up in the mornings to a different watch face before.

I wonder given some apps erratic behavior if the operating system itself is not at fault.  Or possibly sensors.

0 Likes
Snn5
Apprentice
Options
Also, I reset the watch back to factory standard set up three days ago. Even when I got the watch new and sleep tracking was working it started working the first night after buying and setting it up.
0 Likes
Parchon
First Poster
Options

I don't sleep like that. I was using the watch for 1 year without problems. After the 1.5 update, it started recording random interval of sleep. Sometimes it misses the whole night or it says that I slept for 1 hour. I'm disabling REM recording for now. It drains battery and nothing else. If someone finds a solution or have contacted Samsung, please let us know.

0 Likes
Seans
Journeyman
Options

i work on a ship and found sleep tracking never works when we have no signal on our phones etc

when i have signal again it works dunno if this is connected 

0 Likes
KROBERTSON87
First Poster
Options

My phone is either connected to home WiFi or Work Wifi. It has no issue tracking heart rate but does sleep. It would be nice if it was as simple as internet but not in my house. 

0 Likes
mexaria
First Poster
Options

Same same. My galaxy watch etíopes training sleep after the late update. What are you doing Samsung???

0 Likes
Mhaller
First Poster
Options

Why did my Samsung Galaxy Rose Gold watch stop tracking my sleep for the last 2 nights? 

0 Likes
LoveMyActive2
First Poster
Options

I had same issue.  Galaxy Active 2 sleep tracker stopped working. I turned off REM on watch, turned watch off and back on.  Turned REM back on and it started working again.  No reset needed.

0 Likes