Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch step counter and heart rate issue

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 03:44 PM)
DFul
Apprentice
Options

Has anybody else seen this issue?

If I enable the watch to monitor heart rate continuously the watch incorrectly counts steps when stationary?

If I enable the heart rate sensor to monitor every 10 minutes then the step count seems correct but the heart rate monitor doesn't work at all. Additionally the manual heart rate measurement tells me to stay still as it's unable to measure the heart rate?

I've tried all the usual things, latest update, reset etc.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @DFul! If you go into the "Alti-Barometer" app through the watch, when it's on the "Altimeter" screen you'll see a last refreshed status at the bottom. If that hasn't been refreshed for a while, the watch will either assume you're much lower than you currently are or much higher. Scroll over to the 3rd page in the app (past the "Barometer" page) and you should see a list of settings; click on "Change" and make sure you turn on "Auto refresh". Does it help with the tracking issue?

0 Likes
DFul
Apprentice
Options

CarloL,

Thanks for replying. I already had the altimeter on auto refresh and it was displaying the correct altitude. 

I also set it manual and then back to auto but it's made no difference to to the step counting and heart rate issues I'm experiencing with the watch

Anything else I can try  ?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Vincent90
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. This started about a week ago. Did you get a solution for this yet? 

0 Likes
DFul
Apprentice
Options

Vincent,

Unfortunately the issue still exists and like yours it's only begun to happen quite recently. Have you had any luck?

I'm thinking of sending it back under the warranty 

0 Likes
Vincent90
First Poster
Options

No luck yet. I sent mine back to the supplier yesterday under warranty. I will let you know as soon as I find out what the problem is

0 Likes
Solution
DFul
Apprentice
Options

Sent the watch back to Samsung under warranty. No advice with the watch when it was returned but it appears that Samsung have replaced the back section which would suggest that the issue was within the hardware.

The heart rate monitor etc. now appear to have been fixed.

0 Likes
linceo
First Poster
Options

Hi DFul,

I have same problem too, even not getting continuous hr, my steps are increasing to 10k and higher. It happens while sitting or sleeping. Did your problem repeat after service or they solved the issue permanently. My warrant will expire about 5 months later and i am not sure to send my galaxy watch to service.

Thanks for your attention. Have a nice day.

0 Likes