Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch: Spam notification that I can't get rid of

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 03:00 PM)
HelenC100
Explorer
Options

Problem on my galaxy watch. This has just started today: my watch is buzzing every few mins (not regular intervals, sometimes 15 mins apart sometimes a few seconds), with a notification from Vodafone to check my voicemail. It says I have two new voicemails.

There's no equivalent notification on my phone (the icon makes it look like a text message coming in) and no new voicemails.

How can I stop it? I tried turning it off and on again, but is still happening. I've had watch for about 2 years and no problems and now this, suddenly, and it's really driving me crazy.

10 REPLIES 10
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds like a pain ! Have you installed any recent apps or faces on your watch / phone that might be causing it ?
Otherwise maybe try a factory reset of the watch
0 Likes
HelenC100
Explorer
Options

No, haven't changed anything. So strange. I will try a factory reset if it continues, just a bit of a pain to do that so would like to avoid if possible

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Your phone ultimately controls what notifications are sent to your phone. Have you recently installed any apps from the Play Store? Open up your SETTINGS/NOTIFICATIONS, then at the bottom of the window, under RECENTLY SENT, click SEE ALL and look carefully at any apps that you don't recognise. if there are any switch them off one by one, to pinpoint the "rogue" app. Once you have identified it, delete it.
0 Likes
HelenC100
Explorer
Options

Thanks, hadn't thought of that as there was nothing showing on phone. But having gone in there there's nothing rogue at all, it says latest is whatsapp but that's accurate. The last time it says it sent a message was 3 hrs ago - but I've had this notification at least 20 times since then - and there are no apps I don't recognise. I haven't installed anything new recently. So... not this, but thanks for suggestion.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I can only suggest that there is a rogue app on your watch then. In GALAXY WEARABLE, click on the 3 bars (top left), then your profile icon. This opens up SAMSUNG ACCOUNT. Scroll down to APPS AND SERVICES. Are there any unrecognised apps or services in there? if so, delete them. Check APPS and CONNECTED SERVICES separately for this.
0 Likes
HelenC100
Explorer
Options

Thanks - no nothing unrecognised there, and as I said I haven't installed anything new for ages. I also went into notifications in galaxy wearable (in annoyance hadn't thought of that!) and it shows recent notifications - but again says most recent is whatsapp 18 mins ago, but I've had this weird notification 4 times since then (yes, it's getting more frequent). I was hoping there would be something I could block, but no.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
only thing I can suggest now is to contact Vodafone (if they are your provider) and raise a complaint. Also, dial into your voicemail to see if there are indeed 2 messages. Delete them. I think, if they are genuine, they have been setup to continually prompt you until you respond to your mailbox. After that, you have me needing snookers!! 😂
0 Likes
HelenC100
Explorer
Options

dialling in to my voicemail was first thing I did! I've done it a couple of times actually because it seems so weird and most logical explanation is that I have voicemails, but nothing there. that said my outgoing voicemail does say "please don't leave me a voicemail as I don't check it"! (which works pretty well in voicemail prevention). Good idea to ping vodafone. So odd that it's not showing on my phone though. Thanks so much for trying, good ideas that in my fog of annoyance I hadn't thought of. But the mystery continues for now...

Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Best of luck!! 😊
0 Likes