Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch SM-R800 battery drain

(Topic created on: 17-09-2020 04:29 PM)
Luticus
Student
Options

My wife and I both have the SM-R800 watch, and our watches used to last over 2 days on a single charge, possibly longer, but we charge regularly. Recently, possibly since the last update, our watches will die within an hour or two or sometimes 4 or 5 hours. It's kind of random. Even if i disable location and wifi, there is no change. If I go to settings and then battery on my watch it still says it should last 1d 15h 50m, but it'll die in a few hours, randomly.  I'll look at my watch and it'll say 90+% and 30 min later it's completely dead and powered off. No new apps have been added to the watch since before this started, no settings were changed to cause this. This same behavior happens on both our watches which are the same, and both were bought around the same time. They are both less than 2 years old at this point. Help or an update to fix would be nice as this problem is rendering our watches useless, and we love our watches.

10 REPLIES 10
cris90ortiz
Student
Options
same with my watch
Jrob421
First Poster
Options

Same thingthing has been happeninghappening to me for a few weeks now. Watch only makes it about 6-8hrs when I use to get over 24hrs regularly. Don't know what's going on. 

Cfx99
First Poster
Options

Mine has been doing this also, but certain functions don't work until I reboot (Like I can't access the brightness from the pull down menu) it and then for a day or two the battery life is fine and all's good. 

PLUTOONURANUS
Apprentice
Options
Same here. Any responses from Samsung
HuwT
Student
Options

I have the same issue with my watch and have tried resets and turning off all features. Even in power saving mode, my watch will go from 100% to 0% in less than 10 hours.

Any guidance or help with a solution from Samsung would be welcome.

Luticus
Student
Options

I managed to resolve it for me by resetting the watch to factory defaults. I was able to restore a backup after the reset and it kept working ok for me. My wife said hers still has issues even after the reset though. It's a terrible solution, and it may not even work. With a backup though, it might be worth a shot. Samsung really needs to fix this. It making me hesitate to replace this watch with another Samsung model.

TRENDY
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. Had The watch for a little over than 2 years so thought the battery was dead, replaced it but the issue persists. Got less than a day in battery save mode. completely useless and no response from Samsung although this has been going on for several months (saw early threads from August). Samsung, is anybody home? 

jodle
First Poster
Options

Same problem. Battery replaced. Watch working 1 day!!! Previously work 5 days... SAMSUNG please repair that!

ShaunH1
First Poster
Options

Ever since the update my battery has been a nightmare, when i updated the watch it showed another logo i think it was timco or something starting with a T, when the watch restarted after the update that logo poped up, does this suggest that samsung is not the developer of the software and that the fixes must come from this other company. please anybody relieve my suffering because i dont want another watch.