Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Slow since last update

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 10:18 AM)
Ianl_85
Apprentice
Options

Since the last update to my Galaxy Watch (SM-R800) the watch has become increasingly laggy and unresponsive.

When waking up the device it takes forever (if ever) to bring up a watch face and when using fitness tracking (walking) it will all of a sudden stop the manual workout and switch to auto detect.

I have tried changing watch faces (previously used Facer) and have factory reset twice but nothing is working.

Online chat are no help and want me to pay to send the watch to be diagnosed and repaired.

Is anyone else facing issues with the new update?

16 REPLIES 16
Loupdappartement
First Poster
Options

Same. Watch is now useless... So frustrating

calaski8123
Journeyman
Options

I don't want to jinx it but I checked and there was a new update available for the watch. It doesn't say that is addresses this problem but ever since I've updated, it's working correctly again. The watch wakes up on gesture and coconut the buttons immediately.  It's only been an hour or so since the update but so far, it's fixed.

Jim

calaski8123
Journeyman
Options

Next morning. Gesture still works.

Jim

0 Likes
Ianl_85
Apprentice
Options
That's good news!!
The update hasn't landed for me yet. Have you tried a "non-stock" watchface yet?
0 Likes
calaski8123
Journeyman
Options

I use a Mr Time watch face. 

I manually checked for an update and it was there. It didn't notify me. I had to go into the Galaxy Wear app on my phone and hot check for update.

Jim

Sillysyd
First Poster
Options

The update i have my watch works but is slow with loading and waking up with wrist jester

0 Likes
AFANGRYWARRIOR
Apprentice
Options

This has gotten ridiculous.  My watch is completely useless. It rings when someone calls but is so delayed it doesn't show whose calling. I get a work email but tap to read and it takes 5 minutes to respond. It reacts so slowly I lose patience just trying to put the watch in silent mode. 

0 Likes