Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Sleep Tracking

(Topic created on: 21-04-2019 08:16 AM)
Gimli
Apprentice
Options

I had a Gear Sport 2 before, and it tracked my sleep with no issues. I have just upgraded to a Galaxy Watch and the sleep tracking is all over the place: When I watch the TV, or sit at my desk working, it records me as sleeping; when I get up in the morning, get dressed and have breackfast, it still recordes me as sleeping. I never had these issues before.

I am at the stage where I have to restart my watch every morning to log as woken up, and restart before I go to bed, so I can manually erase the dodgy sleep recorded in SHealth.

Surely this can't be right? Are there any settings that need to be altered?

(I have heart tracking always on and wear correctly)

20 REPLIES 20
fastblue94
Apprentice
Options

I was having the issue with my Gear Sport. It also measured 20k steps when I was just driving around one day. This was after I reset the device. I contacted Samsung support and they ended up fixing it under warranty. So far so good.

0 Likes
NuclearNebula
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue too and this is on the new Galaxy Watch Active. I don't mind it as I can go into the app and delete the miscalculated sleep but it's a bit of a nuisance.

0 Likes
Yoda1
Journeyman
Options

So i contacted samsung about the watch tracking sleep when im awake

I was advised to turn the heart rate tracking on permanently 

I have done this and so far its been working as it should

And nonreal difference in the battery life

dude_adm
Journeyman
Options

Ha thanks for the update

How long does your watch usually last for on screen on mode? also what type do you have?

I have the 46mm and it last about 2 days (dies at night of the second day) I'm worried turning the heartrate monitor on permanetly will decrease my time to one day only.

0 Likes
Yoda1
Journeyman
Options
I dont have screen mode on... i dont see the point in the face being on when im not looking at it lol
I also have the brightness down to around 5

It lasts around 3 days 4 at a push but thats just using it as a normal watch with notifications and alarms
If im out on a run i have the gps on and music playing commected to my headphones.... if i charge it before i go i can just about get 2 days
I have the 46mm using the stock face
Schweetypooh
Student
Options

I have the same problem, tracks me as still sleeping 1 hour after I've gotten up, sleeping when watching TV, and says that I'm inactive while I'm out and about. I had a Samsung gear fit2 before and it didn't have any problems

cango
Student
Options

Any update so far, I have the same problem... Thanks.

fastblue94
Apprentice
Options

I sent mine in under warranty. It's not adding extra steps, but still thinks i am sleeping during the day. I am selling mine on Facebook. 

0 Likes
Teo14
First Poster
Options

I have very different issue. Sleep tracking says no data (so nothing recorded) even my HR is on and measuring whole night. Have no clue how to fix it...

0 Likes
cango
Student
Options

Hey, have you got the last update... Although it brought some Japanese manga style interface, it also improved the sleep tracking, I think....

0 Likes