Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - Sleep and Steps not working

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 07:04 PM)
HeberNeil
Apprentice
Options

For the past week or so, I'm only recording 1 to 2 hours of broken sleep while at the same time showing hundreds of steps taken. I do not sleep walk. I'm also seeing way more steps than I should normally be seeing - above 20,000 yesterday when I was pretty sedentary. Heart rate tracker seems to be functioning normally. 

Pretty frustrating as these are the two things I mostly use the watch for. Thought I would check the forum before sending it in. Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @HeberNeil ,

are you able to provide us with the following info:

-Phone model and software version.

-Are the Samsung Health app and Wearable app up to date?

-Are you wearing the watch correctly? You can find how to wear this here. 

0 Likes
HeberNeil
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Galaxy S10+; Android 9; version G975U1UES2BSKA

Galaxy Watch; model SM-805U

Gear Wearable app - 2.2.27.19083061; reloaded today

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for that. Let's make sure that the watch is running on the latest software version: Samsung wearable app > About watch > Update watch software > Update now. Also, turn the location OFF and ON: Menu > Settings > Connections > Location > Turn this OFF and ON. Also, have you set up Samsung Health on your S10+?

0 Likes
HeberNeil
Apprentice
Options

Just checked; running the most recent version of Galaxy Wearable app on my smartphone and the Tizen watch software. Also on most recent update for Samsung Health.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for that. Now, make sure that Power Saving Mode is turned off: Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > Turn off Power Saving Mode. Also, ensure "Workout detection" is enabled on your smartwatch: Samsung health app > Settings > Workout detection > Select each relevant excersise. Finally, restart the watch and the phone. Does it help? 

0 Likes
Sayemi
First Poster
Options

Hi Heber, 

I am facing same issue, can you tell me if you was able to solve this without giving watch away for guarantee fix? 

0 Likes
helene6284
First Poster
Options
Hi I'm having trouble with my watch I time hasn't changed since the clocks went back an hour ?
And the battery only lasts for 7 hours?
Any help much appreciated
0 Likes