Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch sensors stopped working

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 02:14 PM)
holypriest
Journeyman
Options

Suddenly, all the sensors of my Galaxy Watch stopped working. I can not get heart rate readings anymore, or step counts or anything. It does not seem to be a hardware problem, considering that the heart sensor and the gyroscope stopped working at the same time, must be some kind of software issue.

I already tried:

- Rebooting (3x)

- Force rebooting (3x)

- Restoring factory settings (3x)

None of them worked.

Are there any workarounds for that issue? Is there a chance to get a software patch or anything? I tried to update the firmware, but Galaxy Wearable says that I already have the newest version.

63 REPLIES 63
BranimirM
Explorer
Options

So, I jinxed myself with the last post, after almost 2 years with no problems, I didn't have to reset, gps failed only once or twice, it looks that coupe of days after my post, my watch sensors failed, after couple of resets and subsequent failures, even after resets, sensors wouldn't want to start working... so I factory reseted it, waited for a day, connect it to phone and immediately turned bluettoth and wifi off, and since then it started to work fine... so there is something fishy with what samsung is doing to the watch probably through s health. I have 100k race in 8 days and I'm thinking of buying garmin watch now... Actually I did a mistake and updated the watch cca 3 weeks ago. Because of the race, before the update watch would stop activity if put to charger, after the update activity woudln't be stopped when connected to charger so I could do with 10 hours of more accurate gps. before that, I did 8 and a quarter hour race and my watch was below 15% when I got back to my car afterwards. So probably it wouldn't last throughout my whole 100k race without charging

Mister-k
Student
Options

This sensor issue has just got me... Galaxy watch SM-R800.

Is there any way to cure this sensor problem? it seems to have been a problem for many years for people, surely Samsung have sorted it out by now?

0 Likes
Karlab
Journeyman
Options

hello, the only solution is going to a samsung support store and let know that your sensors stopped working. And hopefully you are under warranty so they can fix it. Samsung knows this is their issue.

0 Likes
iHugoF
Apprentice
Options

Nope...I gave up after going 3 times to Samsung support while on warranty and they did nothing, they even said there was nothing wrong with it 🙄 I gave it way, sold my Android phone and went for Apple watch and iPhone...Best decision ever! 

0 Likes