Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch sensors stopped working

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 02:14 PM)
holypriest
Journeyman
Options

Suddenly, all the sensors of my Galaxy Watch stopped working. I can not get heart rate readings anymore, or step counts or anything. It does not seem to be a hardware problem, considering that the heart sensor and the gyroscope stopped working at the same time, must be some kind of software issue.

I already tried:

- Rebooting (3x)

- Force rebooting (3x)

- Restoring factory settings (3x)

None of them worked.

Are there any workarounds for that issue? Is there a chance to get a software patch or anything? I tried to update the firmware, but Galaxy Wearable says that I already have the newest version.

63 REPLIES 63
paulhome
First Poster
Options

I also got same issue after I update my smartphone to Android 10, it seems the Galaxy wearable apps not compatible the Android 10 OS, hope Samsung provide update as soon as possible to solve this problem.

0 Likes
MogulTech
First Poster
Options

Mine is working again., I think i left it on the charger too long. ie overnight, it then drained of battery within minutes of having it on, which the sensors stopped. I think it was a power issue for me., Now it is ok and working again. I hope there isnt an issue again. I like the watch. 

0 Likes
Smellycat
Student
Options

How did you return it?  Best Buy would not take mine back although it was still in warranty.

-- pressure sensor on the motherboard died 3 time in 13 months !$#@

0 Likes
AminMirjavadi
First Poster
Options

Samsung is Responsible and we are waiting for the official answer for our loss...

We should prepare a petition and all sign it till the time of samsung response in the Int. Court .... I will do that sure... 

Bcz after weeks they keep scilent yet ...and try to paper over the cracks,,,, irresponsible...zero accountibility unfortunately👎👎👎👎👎👎bcz I'm living in Iran they said "you are under the US Sanctions"... So we are not supporting your services there, rediculous, in that time that I bought it , may be 5 month ago I bought it from your official branch here in Tehran...ok no problem we are under the sanctions and you cannot handle the customer's services...what about the other guys from all over the world? You solve their issues I will shut my mouth..

paulhome
First Poster
Options

It's strange, part of sensors seems wake up today, gyroscope and heartrate sensors are working now. I sleep and set the watch in battery save mode for a 10 days. Hope the rest could wake up for next day.

@paulhome wrote:

I also got same issue after I update my smartphone to Android 10, it seems the Galaxy wearable apps not compatible the Android 10 OS, hope Samsung provide update as soon as possible to solve this problem.

0 Likes
paulhome
First Poster
Options

*****, dead again

0 Likes
Ardee66
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issues a year ago. 

Finaly I removed all apps using the Gyro Sensor. 

After few days the sensors start working again.  Some earlier, some few days later. 

Since then, the watch is working again. I also reinstalled the apps and  the watch was working  and ever since.

I already mentioned it in my original post,  I been swimming with the watch before it happened. Maybe that had an influence. But everything I did before I uninstalled the apps, had no influence. Good luck guys!

0 Likes
Coringa
First Poster
Options

The same issue here, I try contact the seller, and he told me to consult samsung trouble assistence but watching this post seems to me that samsung dont care about. 

Im really sad, Im a samsung user since galaxy S3 and this my first problem and still unsolved. ..

CThilo
Student
Options

Still no solution for this problem?

0 Likes
iHugoF
Apprentice
Options

I gave up and gave mine away to someone that wouldn't miss the sensors.

Ended up switching the phone as well...and went full Apple, with iPhone and iWatch...best thing I did!

Only missing the Samsung tablet...soon to be replaced by an iPad...:)

I love Android and have been a loyal user since the start, but this Galaxy Watch thing really got me mad and fed up with it.

I'll not return to Android any time soon...but will keep up using Google stuff on Apple devices...:)

0 Likes