Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch screen timeout during activity

(Topic created on: 30-09-2019 04:44 PM)
NuttyBacon
First Poster
Options

I'm new to galaxy watch. I noticed that during an activity ie run the screen times out and defaults back to the time )always on display is on), is there a way to leave the activity screen active?

for example

im running, glance at my watch to check my pace etc run some more look again however now i see its defaulted to the time. I have touch wake off so have to rotate the bezel once for it to wake up.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@NuttyBacon: There's a couple of things you can try - go to Settings > Advanced > Wake Up Gesture (On). This will turn the screen on when you raise the watch to check the screen. You can also enable 'Touch Wake-up, located below Wake Up Gesture, allowing you to tap the screen to wake it.

I think you should disable Settings > Watch Faces > Watch Always On so the above gestures will take you to S Health, as opposed to defaulting to the watch face. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Silver_Surfer
Student
Options
I share the same need.
I'd love to find a way to keep the same screen (in my case tennis/other scorecard) on at all time during my activity!

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks
0 Likes
MikeWrenches
First Poster
Options

It has to be done on the "New Workout" selection screen. Start a walking session and instantly pause it and press Finish to end it, then select "NEW WORKOUT >" and you can press the three dots on the right of any workout, scroll down the settings list and turn on Screen Always On.

I was in the other boat, I had set it to always on long ago for gym sessions, but wanted to turn it off for long bike rides and couldn't remember where the setting was located. I *just* found it again after months of raging at it. It's infuriating that the setting is in such an roundabout menu.

KayakingSalsera
First Poster
Options

Thank you!  It worked perfectly! 

Daniel respeita
First Poster
Options

Hi. Sorry for the necrobump....

But maybe you can help me with this.

I want to turn the screen off while exercising and although the option appears on the menu I can't swipe it to off. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes