Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Screen Brightness Problem

(Topic created on: 28-04-2019 04:38 PM)
tmieyal
First Poster
Options

Hello!  Since the new software update earlier this week I am having a problem with my screen brightness setting which I have set at 8.  When my watch goes into AOD mode, after the 15 second screen timeout, and then when the screen goes back on again the brightness setting is down to 3.  Then I change it back to 8, the screen goes into AOD, and when the screen goes back on it is down to 3 again.  This is a time of day issue.  The screen brightness setting works right during the day, but after sunset it goes into some sort of nighttime mode and I have this problem with the setting going down to 3 and staying there, no matter what I do.  Then the next morning it works until sunset, the same over and over every single day for a week now.  Never had a problem like this before the recent software update, or on my Gear S3 for years.  I turned the watch off for a few hours, and then turned it back on, but the problem persists.  I could do a hard reset if that will work, but another Galaxy watch owner from another forum tried that and this problem persisted because it automatically downloads the new software update after reset.  Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix it?  I do NOT have it set to goodnight mode or do not disturb or outdoor mode or suto low brightness and use my watch well into the night so I need regular screen brightness.  Not sure what else to do, except perhaps wait for a fix if Samsung acknowledges this issue.  Thanks in advance!!!

22 REPLIES 22
tfurru1
Journeyman
Options

There was a firmware update to my T-Mobile Galaxy Watch on February 23rd and now the this issue is fixed!.  When using AOD, the screen brightness when waking the watch up stays at what you set it even when in a dark room now, provided you have "Auto Screen Brightness" set to off.

(To recap the issue that is now fixed: Even with "Auto Screen Brightness" set to off, when using AOD and waking up the watch in a dark or dimly lit environment, the screen brightness was changing to 3 and would only switch back to your original setting when in a brighter environment).

***CLARIFICATION*** The Wake-Up Gesture issue is STILL happening (Wake up watch using wrist gesture-screen stays on only a few seconds instead of what is set in the Screen Timeout setting.  If the watch is woken up using the button on the watch, even if Wake-Up Gesture setting is turned on, then the screen will stay on for the duration of what is set in Screen Timeout)

0 Likes
Harlequin66
Explorer
Options

It's now 2019 and still no fix... Now my watch keeps reminding me to turn on night mode around 8pm every ***** night. Night mode is disabled but it automatically disables AOD. There does not seem to be any way of preventing this. $500 watch, I'm not impressed.

And of course the screen dimming is driving me.mad. I still have the receipt so  I think I'll return it for a full refund.

0 Likes
Natturu
First Poster
Options

Yup, I'm with you on this one... You watch - Now that the Apple watch has AOD at whatever brightness you want they will finally fix the problem... to be fair their service is pretty poor. I came over to Samsung/Andriod and im regretting it.

So many bugs and problems that I have never had to deal with being on ISO.

0 Likes