Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Samsung Wallet Screen Lock Issue

(Topic created on: 12-09-2022 05:13 AM)
ZB2000
First Poster
Options

I recently upgraded from a Galaxy Watch Active 2 to a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. In the active 2 if I wanted to access the Samsung wallet you would hold down the back button and be asked to type in a security pin then gaining access to your cards, makes sense right? In the watch 5, your pin is set in order to unlock your HOME screen...  so currently at random if I want to use my watch I become interrupted with a security pin just to check the weather, instead of having the option to only protect the wallet. How is this a upgrade in system design??? I thought that maybe I could use google wallet to avoid this, but a pin for the home screen is required for that too. So when I took off the pin it WIPED all seven cards I put into my watch wallet in which 2 of them I had to call my banks to validate. This is HORRIFIC software design. If anyone knows any settings that can change this PLEASE let me know.

7 REPLIES 7
sense1
Journeyman
Options

Well... seems like it's not fixed for the GW5 either 😞  There's a thread titled "Galaxy Watch 4 needs to have screen lock if you want to use it for payments" that also has a bunch of us complaining about this. I hope Samsung is listening!

lisafox16
Voyager
Options

What's wrong with the screen lock. You only have to do it once when you put your watch on. If you don't take your watch off anymore that day then you don't have to put in the unlock code anymore. 

sense1
Journeyman
Options

Some of us don't want to have to unlock or enter a pin every time we put the watch on..usually once a day for me in the morning when I'm in a rush....all for ability to use NFC pay that probably won't get used that day anyway. Over a year that's 365 unlocks, and maybe 20 of those are actually needed to pay with the watch because  physical wallet or phone or whatever was forgotten. GW active 2 didn't have this problem...it seems to be the result of the switch to WearOS. I'm basically not using pay so I can keep the watch unlocked. Just sorta sucks they took a step backwards.

LucasTañeda
Journeyman
Options
For me it works fine. It only asks me for PIN when I take off and take on my watch again. Never again while I have the watch on my wrist. I've seen somewhere it may request PIN again while the watch strap is too loose. I assume becase the watch doesn't detect it's on your wrist. The only annoying thing coming from Gear S3 Frontier is that you have to press the checkmark button to confirm your PIN. Before I was entering for example 1234 and automatically it was unlocking Samsung Pay. Can I live with that on the main screen instead of on the Payment screens and pressing OK to confirm PIN? Yes. Is it quite annoying for me? Yes.
0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

From the watch screen, press the. Home button. to open the apps screen.
Navigate Settings. Security and privacy. Lock. 
Tap. Type. 
Do one of the following: Set up or modify a PIN: Tap. PIN. . Enter a 4-digit pin. Re-enter the 4-digit pin to confirm.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
kimiLopez
First Poster
Options

its not only once...it keeps locking throughout the day...Pain in the behind!

Members_pbcfg51
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem after the last release update. It is not dirty sensor or loose strap it started happening ater the last update. Sumsung needs to look into it and fix. I am removing my cards from Google wallet that annoyings me.