Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Samsung Pay Issues

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 10:49 PM)
robablob
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I've had a galaxy watch for about 4 years now (the original one - SM-R800) and have only recently started using Samsung Pay on it recently. I am finding it very temperamental when trying to pay for items using Samsung Pay , e.g. when using the tube. I usually get errors along the lines of "card scanned twice" when I have only touched the contactless scanner once or sometimes just some other error I don't understand. I find that if I hold the watch at 90 degrees to the contactless scanner it is more reliable than touching face down. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong here. My watch is usually in flight mode (with NFC on) and I've found NFC to be less problematic when flight mode is off but that doesn't always help (I know you have a limited nr of times you can use in flight mode before having to pair with phone again so that is not the issue). Do other people have these kind of issues with the old Galaxy Watch or even with the newer ones. Is my watch faulty? I don't really want to have to get a new one!

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
Hi robablob I've had issues in the past with Samsung pay as well I recommend you to move to Google pay which is more stable and faster
0 Likes
robablob
Explorer
Options
Hi Dandy. Thanks but the original galaxy watch is Tizen and doesn't support Google Pay as far as I can tell
0 Likes
Sajeerkk
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I am from India, i purchased Samsung galaxy watch 6 and I set up my sbi card with Samsung pay.when i tap my watch in swaping mechine, it's detected my watch and started processing transaction, but finally it always show invalid transaction, I tried other devices also. The same card I used directly to swap, it will work, any one have similar issue or any solution 

0 Likes