Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch / Samsung Health - Workout recording problems

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 02:15 PM)
DamianS83
Student
Options
Hi. Has anyone experienced difficulties with recording workouts on their Galaxy Watch this week?

Firstly, each morning when I press 'workout' it doesnt take me to the options page - just simply doesnt respnd, and I need to turn on/off to get to that workout page. 

Secondly, I've noticed the GPS is out. Not by a huge amount, but my usual 10k run isnt measuring properly (only c9km). 

Few other problems are the map / track is also failing to load when I review the run on my phone (again suggesting the GPS isnt right) and the floors climbed (usually pretty high after a run) is especially down.

There have been a couple of small updates which may have affected it. I also uploaded Strava which may have had an impact. 

I have deleted Strava and also turned on 'High location accuracy' to see if things revert, but was curious if anyone had experienced similar.

Thanks.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
waityboo87
Apprentice
Options
Hello,

I have noticed my GPS hasn't been logging my route correctly also or that it only does half the route.

If you ensure battery power saving mode is not on as I know in the past this has affected my route tracking etc.

My floor count never really appears to be accurate either, which is odd. some days it says 20 floors after a run and other days it says 4.

I haven't Strava synced so not sure it is linked to that or I am experiencing the same issue.

Is your phone software and app all up to date?
DamianS83
Student
Options
Hi,

Yep, all up date (some updates this week)

Floor count is pretty rubbish as you say, barely worth mentioning - but it's been almost pointless last few days.

Some bug has affected both a) the 'Workout' feature meaning a frustrating reset in the mornings and b) reliable GPS.

Strava cant be a coincidence, so will delete and report back!

Thanks.

PS RE Your problem: if ever I notice my watch dipping in and out of GPS during runs, a simple off/on seems to work. Had to do that 4-5 times in last couple of years.

Cheers.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I've had many issues. Sleep tracking and floor count or whatever it called. I get told to send error reports, but if the watch doesn't see it as an error how am I to send one. I gave up.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
How can some of these statistics co-exist alongside one another? It's ridiculous. I live in the Scottish Highlands and the most elevation gain is 1ft? But i've done 18 floors, all of which must have been 1/18th of a foot high.

I should add context that I don't excercise outside of my job very often which involves a lot of rushing around and heavy lifting etc. It's automatically detected workouts there before though so I'm not getting it. I should send it back whilst it's under warranty it's not right.

SmartSelect_20210226-181203_Samsung Health_2270.jpg

0 Likes
Lauderdale
First Poster
Options

I am having issues with my watch recording the accurate time. It is frustrating! Can anyone help!

0 Likes