Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch resting heart rate after OneUI

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 05:54 PM)
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hi there, can anyone check for me on their Samsung health app that the resting HR is being taken whilst in goodnight mode please? Since the OneUI update, which was excellent for me, 100% improved the watch and HR tracking it seems my RHR has risen dramatically, when I investigated it shows readings are not being taken when Goodnight mode is enabled. This is obviously causng the RHR to be higher as the minimal threshold is much higher.

Prior to the update, redaing were taken throughout the night same as Fitbit & Garmin, this then evened out over the 24 hours to give a more accurate RHR..

Thanks

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

I gave up trying to reason with Samsung, sold the GW and bought a Polar Ignite. Proper HR, sleep, calorie & activity tracking.

I do hope Samsung sort this out one day as they are nice watches, pathetic on any fitness/wellness, with Fitbit + Google on the horizon they may well need too take note sooner rather than later :winking-face:

0 Likes
rriva78
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Watch Active 2 has the same issue. No resting HR during day and night and no automatic Daily Briefing. It works only in "manual" mode. I think a software update i needed. Thanks
Zarilya
Journeyman
Options
The daily briefing works on mine (I turned it off) the heart rate is accurate and never drops out however, I only sporadically get a RHR it's super annoying. I even tried sitting absolutely still for 15 mins. Hopefully it'll be fixed with the additional heart rate stuff update next year. I haven't bothered calling support.
bocsi
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Only got the Active-2 watch a few days ago, but I don't get a resting heart rate measurement data, it is always showing  "--" . Very frustrating. 

Mrclius
Pioneer
Options

Oh dear,
I was just about to go and get myself a new Galaxy Watch to replace my 2 yrs old and a bit tired Fitbit Ionic.
I'm glad I found this post. No point replacing my fitbit where everything works fine for a Galaxy Watch where all I'll get are issues and frustration.
I'm all about fitness and accurate HR readings are extremely important for me.

0 Likes
Caludio
First Poster
Options

Yes, don't bother buying this piece of cr*p. The GW has an amazing hardware driven by the worst software. It's ridicolous.

I wanted to see how much my HR changed over time (and by "over time" I mean in a year or so) and guess what I had to do? I had to download my personal data (thank you, data protection!) and write a software myself to do it.

Unbelievable.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Since creating this post I sold the GW and moved over to a Polar Ignite, very lmited smartwatch features but if its health & wellness tracking your after I fully reccomend. Amazing HR tracking, sleep analysis is way above anything Ive tested with tailored workouts on the watch each morning depending on how you slept, calories burnt, active time etc etc.

Really couldnt be any more different experience from the GW.

Frustartion over after 13 long months

PieManV
Student
Options

I am not sure if my issue is the same however after watch software update (not OneUi 1.5 one) I have noticed that the auto hr does not tag the measurements correctly like it used. Pre update my auto hrs are full of man sitting on chair icon (resting) and that was accurate as my most intense workout is to get up and make coffee. Now chart is full of man sitting up right icon (general) and not 1 man on chair icon for the last few months. So the watch measures hr while resting but does not put it in resting category .. thus 0 resting auto hr in sHealth stat screen.

However after the same update the watch started detecting walking activity better and i think step count is more accurate. I wonder if the watch was made to be more sensitive and in this process it lost ability to detect resting even though sleep detection is on point. So this looks like a bug to me in sHealth app or watch or both.

Ps: OneUi 1.5 did not solve the issue ... i just got it yesterday.

Pps: I am on GW Bluetooth version.

rriva78
Helping Hand
Options

In my GW 46 mm Bluetooth all works fine. In my Watch Active 2 there is no way to get it work. I see "the man sitting on the chair" once a day (and not every day).  Same thing for daily briefing. Setting it in auto mode it doesn't work, in manual all works fine. 

0 Likes
PieManV
Student
Options
@rriva78 I see, if I take my hr and then manually select the resting tag from watch I will also see man on chair in sHealth. However never in auto. You mention that you see 1 man on chair sometimes does it also say in sHealth Galaxy Watch (auto) next to the icon ?

Basically what I am saying is to remove any manual intervention from the equation.

Honestly it does not bother me to take my own RHR once in a while, like after I wake up before I drink my morning coffee.

However it bugs me that the watch used to do it on auto perfectly everyday ... and after an update it stopped working. Also if it is a bug ... it could have implications for other functions as well.
0 Likes