Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 27/02/19 00:55)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

455 REPLIES 455
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables
Ended up selling mine brought the s2 sport and no problem until Samsung step up and admit that there is a problem with it things wont change
0 Likes
RandomKitten
Just Browsing
Options
Wearables

I'm having the same issue, both from the band and from the back of the watch.  Caveat: I do have a nickel allergy, so I'm not super surprised by a metal object irritating me, but look at how extreme the rubber watch band has affected my wrist!  It's the same band that came with the watch originally.  I take off my watch every time I shower and I don't do a lot of heavy physical activity, so it's not sweat accumulation, nor do I wear the band tightly.  But this level of irritation can't POSSIBLY occur from simple friction and grime.  This is clearly a chemical reaction.  

Where the watch usually sits: mild reaction.Where the watch usually sits: mild reaction.Outside of the wrist.Outside of the wrist.The worst of the damage, inside the wrist.  Looks like a chemical burn.The worst of the damage, inside the wrist. Looks like a chemical burn.

0 Likes
Omahaguy
Observer
Options
Wearables

I purchased my galaxy watch in September also and my rash is raised and looks and feels like a burn and is very hard underneath it. Like you, i never shower with it and stopped sleeping with it when the rash started bothering me.  I've contacted samsung and they want me to send them the watch for testing and didnt offer a replacement to wear in the meantime.

0 Likes
Loi79
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I have the samsung rose gold and I'm having the same problem. I thought I'm just wearing it a little tight so I move it on my right arm and it did the same.

0 Likes
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables

All these people with the same problem and not one Samsung comment or sorting the problem out 

0 Likes
MONTE2
Options
Wearables

Having the same issue here. Burn like spots that ich on my wrist. Anyone get an answer from Samsung yet?

Galaxy watch 42mm

20190224_133947.jpg

20190224_133927.jpg

0 Likes
Loi79
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Called their service number regards the issue having skin rash and they told me that there is nothing they can do about it for it is not covered for the warranty of parts and repair. They just advice me to purchase a new band for the watch.

Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables
That's the thing on most people it's not the strap it's the watch itself shocking customer service by Samsung just like there shocking updates for everything. Think it's time to switch to another andriod company
0 Likes
Dfulf
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Utterly and thoroughly disappointed in SAMSUNG response and lack of care of concern. I just have no word to describe my disappointment. #SAMSUNGWAKEUP
Ty4
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I've just brought this watch and I got a rash it looks like a burn

0 Likes
Ty4
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Looks like a burnLooks like a burn

0 Likes
Ty4
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I've got the Samsung galaxy watch 46mm and I've got burn like marks it looks like I'm still wearing it when I took it off

0 Likes
SarahC2
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I have developed the same thing on the outside of my wrist. It doesn't hurt just a big red splotch that looks really dry. There isn't any raised information on that part of the band and it isn't too tight or super loose and I take it off daily to charge and when I shower. Interested to know if they have been able to narrow down what the issue could be?

0 Likes
Ty4
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Hi @SarahC2 I spoke to Samsung customer care and he said did I read the T&C appartly we have to wash the strap with plain water as he said there might be chemicals on the the strap from the factory that is causing the rash we all getting hope that helps 

0 Likes
MikeBuck
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I've had no reactionary on my wrist since using alcohol wipes to clean the strap and back of the watch.

0 Likes
catflap
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

RAW
This photo was taken just a few minutes ago.
Everyday people are posting comments & pictures, to the official Samsung support websites and message boards ,of their rashes or allergic reactions to either the Samsung Galaxy watch itself or it's wristband.
As of today Samsung has neither responded to any of the comments and complaints, nor have they offered any type of resolution.
#samsung #galaxywatch #rash
@SamsungMobileOfficial @Samsung⁠News⁠Pro20190302_082722.jpg

0 Likes
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables

They want nothing to do with it I've sold mine and gone back to gear S2 sport which is basically the same as the watch hasn't changed much over the years. Never had this problem before and the support you get from Samsung is shocking 

0 Likes
Kljmoss
Observer
Options
Wearables

Been wearing Samsung watch for a couple of months now a really itch rash has appeared.

Any ideas what I can do.

15548992285333285769478643032736.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Wearables

That's not good @Kljmoss 

There are a couple of other threads on the forum here from a few people reporting the same.

I'd suggest to contact Samsung Customer Services and ask them what the options are but for now if this was my situation I'd discontinue wearing it for now to let your skin recover.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Ad1973
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Samsung is an irresponsible brand ! They have launched their brand of watches without subjecting their bands to appropriate testing for being safe on human skin. The brand's irresponsibility is evident - despite so many people posting about rashes, there is no response from the company. I an sure they source their straps from dunious companies. 

0 Likes
Ad1973
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
What can you do about it? The key to preventing the rash recurring is to remove the allergen altogether by avoiding wearing the item that’s irritating the skin. For those who wear medical bracelets, this is not always a straightforward option. Dr Wong suggests having your watch strap changed, or in the case of jewellery opt to use inert metals such as platinum and gold. “Wearing straps looser to minimise pressure and friction will also help.” She explains. To identify exactly what's triggering your flare-ups, Dr Bewley suggests keeping a skin diary: “Note the affects that a piece of wrist wear has and see how your skin improves over time,” he says. As for treating the symptoms, Dr Wong says that the eczema can be easily treated with cortisone creams and moisturisers. Dr Bewley says this is most effective when applied after showering to help protect the skin as a barrier. Weaker creams like hydrocortisone are available over the counter. If after trying this the symptoms do not settle, you may need to see a GP or dermatologist to get a stronger cortisone available on prescription. “Some people with dry skin or eczema may find their skin is easily irritated by harsh and strong ingredients in soaps. Therefore, avoid forming soap agents and instead try a soap substitute such as Cetraben Daily Cleansing Cream which can be less drying on the skin. “It is also beneficial to shower in lukewarm water as opposed to hot and it's important to remember not to scrub your skin too hard as this can irritate it further,” Dr Bewley says.
0 Likes