Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 04-01-2019 09:31 AM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Garegh6
First Poster
Options
NikkoE, thanks for the reply. I will certainly give that a go tomorrow. Hopefully it works out the same as it did for you.
0 Likes
MarkyFY
Explorer
Options

@Garegh6 wrote:

20190103_233408.jpg

Burn mark from galaxy watch. Has anybody got a solution from Samsung yet as to what is happening. The burn mark is directly under the HR monitor. I've not had any rash or burn from the silicon strap, this has something to do with the watch itself. 

The HR sensor didn't affect me, my rash/burn/blistering was purely on the sides of my wrist in contact with the strap.

Solution for me was: part-refund from Samsung UK to cover replacement leather strap.

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Garegh6

I've sent you a private message so that I can look into this for you. Do take a look when you can! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
remmy
First Poster
Options

seem to be haveing the same issues myself with the 46mm watch not as bad as in the pictures  yet may of caugth it early but i did notice like a lot of the pic the chaps have got thick arm hair couldit be  the oils from the hair be a issues  as this was what i was told a few years ago with a rubber watch band i had then   but does anyone have any recomenedations  for metal straps as the one i have is turning my wrist green aswell 

0 Likes
NCRiverRat
First Poster
Options

I love the watch and the features but I too have the burns under the watch itself.  I have already changed out the band so no issues with the band. 

Medical advice is to stop wearing, but to know I spent so much on something I can't wear is troublesome.  I will check with the store to see what the return policy is. 😞

0 Likes
Xanice
Student
Options

Well I'm glad and not glad I'm not the only one. Anyone starting a lawsuit? 

kai14
Student
Options

The exact same issue as the orignal post of this thread is happening to me: deeply red skin with damaged texture. I can tell the skin will be peeling in a few days.

I have been wearing this watch for about 3 weeks. Very sad this is happening when considering the cost of the item.

0 Likes
Amindat
First Poster
Options

I have same problem and probably going to talk to lawyers about this product if you want to join me please pm me. This is so unfair to pay for product and get burnt.  I am not sure this is just a allergic reaction or something much bigger because I got some other kind of reactions too. I will talk to doctors soon. 

20190112_175230.jpg

20190112_175227.jpg

20190112_175222.jpg

20190112_175219.jpg

0 Likes
Jayde
First Poster
Options

I have the Same issue too. Had the watch for a week. I contact support but they did not want to help . I asked to escalate the issue the handler said I will receive a call from their supervisor . It never happened! It's a disgrace . The redness is more apparent in real light . I've worn various smart watches for over 3 years and never experienced this before .    Please help Samsung!

1547400468776291.jpg

1547400468448200.jpg

1547400468082471.jpg

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Jayde

When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.

• Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
  • Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
  • If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.
  • Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.

What did the agent on the phone say to you?

0 Likes