Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 03-01-2019 06:49 AM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
valvestate
Journeyman
Options
@NikkoE do you have the link for that strap?
0 Likes
NikkoE
Journeyman
Options
MarkyFY
Explorer
Options

@valvestate wrote:
@NikkoE do you have the link for that strap?

I also recommend this leather strap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07528MZFR/

valvestate
Journeyman
Options

I can't take the itchiness anymore! Im not scratching it but it seems swelling and looks really red now. I went to the pharmacist and was given this Egocort Cream. Hopefully this will ease up the pain.

No Galaxy Watch for several days for me!! :face-with-rolling-eyes:

RASH!.jpg

0 Likes
MarkyFY
Explorer
Options

@valvestate wrote:

I can't take the itchiness anymore! Im not scratching it but it seems swelling and looks really red now. I went to the pharmacist and was given this Egocort Cream. Hopefully this will ease up the pain.

No Galaxy Watch for several days for me!! :face-with-rolling-eyes:

RASH!.jpg

Definitely chase up Samsung. Get them to at least cover the cost of a replacement strap (leather or nylon). It's unacceptable that a product causes this kind or reaction. It simply should not be happening. And let's be honest, a silicone strap was not really good enough for what is supposed to be a high-quality Smart Watch.

0 Likes
csjring
First Poster
Options

IMG_20190103_103705.jpg

IMG_20190103_103714.jpg

Update on my wrist this morning, this blister is exactly where the sensor sat on my wrkst. Samsung's advice has been to either sell it on to someone else, not wear it or I have to get a written statement from a Dr. here in Belgium to say that the watch has caused this. Only then will they investigate. I've sent them new pictures this morning after they didn't reply to me yesterday. I'm actually so disappointed that a company such as Samsung has such rubbish customer service, I always rated their products until now. 

0 Likes
Mjølner
Journeyman
Options

I ended up buying a couple of new wristbands on amazon (metal ones) just to try. Worked for me, but I do not have any nickel or other allergy/sensitivity except for whatever poison is in that ***** rubber silicone band.

Here's what I bought: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H28KBFH/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

0 Likes
NikkoE
Journeyman
Options

If you're someone who uses a keyboard all day, I would recommend the claspless bands as it won't snag on things or bother your wrist. 

0 Likes
Garegh6
First Poster
Options

20190103_233408.jpg

Burn mark from galaxy watch. Has anybody got a solution from Samsung yet as to what is happening. The burn mark is directly under the HR monitor. I've not had any rash or burn from the silicon strap, this has something to do with the watch itself. 

0 Likes
NikkoE
Journeyman
Options
Recommend scrubbing the HR sensor circle with a cotton ball soaked in isopropyl alcohol. I suspect there's a lot of leftover chemicals from manufacturing.

I got rashes from the silicone strap but also burn marks from the HR sensor. I no longer get rashes or burn marks after replacing the strap and cleaning the sensor with 91% isopropyl.
0 Likes