Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 10:24 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
StephK1
Options

Hey @Carl Elamin I've sent you a PM, please take a look when you can. 🙂

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Thats a burn (I think) from the sensor. I get the same if I set the heart monitor to to continuously monitor my heart rate. I set it to take measurements every ten minutes instead and I no longer have a problem.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Members_LmDyT7f
First Poster
Options

I also have developed an itchy rash and dry skin after wearing the Galaxy watch 3 which I purchased 6 weeks ago. It's where the watch is in contact with my skin. No issue with strap, the rash off-centre under the watches body, not in line with the sensor.

I've worn various watches for many years, including a Garmin, (worn 24x7 other than whilst charging!) for 18 months without issue.

Happy to send photo etc.

0 Likes
willjk67
First Poster
Options

I believe I may have discovered a possiable reason for this rash.

I have started cleaning my watch nearly everyday, which may have helped the issue. I don't want to be gross but I am very susceptible to skin fungi. Doesn't mean that  I am dirty, I just happen to be one of those lucky ones. I have learned to control most of this issue with a product that they sell in Australia for this kind of problem (Daktarin). 

I am not saying this rash looks exactly like the other types of rashes I suffer from, it is slightly different that what I would expect to see.

I decided to start using this cream on my wrist and it seems to have cleared the problem up mostly (see attached photos). I can't say that this will work for you and if you don't suffer from this type of thing or ever have then it may not work at all. Check with your GP and see what they say. I hope that this helps someone out there. FYI no amount of cortisone would clear it up.1st photo1st photo2nd photo 1 week in2nd photo 1 week in3rd photo 2 weeks in3rd photo 2 weeks in4th photo 3 weeks in4th photo 3 weeks in5th photo 4 weeks in5th photo 4 weeks in

0 Likes
Tilly_js
First Poster
Options

16305687907786282547507435982884.jpg

 im having same issue

0 Likes
ELs_ELs
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with galaxy watch 4. Do you guys still wear the watch despite having the rash/burn? 

0 Likes
Sam8988378
Journeyman
Options

I have the G4, with the assumedly  non-silicone fluorelaster (?) band. I'm not active enough to sweat, never big on perspiration when I was.  Even with te watch reading no more than 400 steps, the skin underneath the band, as well as the band, smelled like cheese.  No rash, just an awful stank. Even in 1 day of use.  Soap and water didn't wash the smell off my wrist or the band. It just made it more mild.  

What did work was my spray SPF 50 sunscreen. No oxybenzone, octinoxate, but it does ruin nail polish, so there's that. But it quickly and completely removes the cheese stank from my wrist and the watch band.

But this shouldn't be happening in the first place. Samsung makes good phones, but always a problem with the watches.  Doesn't  anyone test these things?

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I don't and have never suffered from any stinky cheese like smells lol

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Sam8988378
Journeyman
Options

😂 you're fortunate.  I don't have a good sense of smell, so if I smell it, it must knock others out.  I've read the Apple watch band, made of the same material, has had similar problems

0 Likes
Harsh Vardhan
Apprentice
Options

Did you send the watch? what was the outcome.

0 Likes