Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 10:11 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
GarrenSeifert
First Poster
Options

Charging everyday? I charge mine every 3 days so idk what you're doing with it. As for the whole it can do anything your phone can do can it tell you exactly how long you sleep for? The rash thing is a easy solve just get a different band for it. I did and I never had another problem with it 

0 Likes
kparks12
First Poster
Options

I wouldn't need to charge it if I kept it in power saving mode, but that would defeat the purpose of the Wellness component; activity, heart rate, sleeping pattern, etc. I charge it everyday while I shower, as that's the only time I don't care about the fitness tracker. But that's not nearly enough time for a full charge, which leaves me having to take it off and charge it overnight, thus losing that night's sleep assessment, at least every other night, but often every night. If I didn't use that feature, I'd really have no use for the phone because, like I said, I always have my phone with me.

0 Likes
GarrenSeifert
First Poster
Options

Yeah dude sounds like you just don't know how to use it lol I don't have mine on power saving mode at most I have auto dim setting on so my screen isn't bright all the time. Seems to me that you have it on full brightness all the time and it sounds like you don't use the sleep mode on it at night. 

0 Likes
kparks12
First Poster
Options

You know, you're probably right. I thought it was either power saving off or on, with no in-between, so I'll definitely check it out.

0 Likes
Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Clean the whole watch with water more often. Also make sure you dry it afterwards with a soft cloth.  Because you wear it a lot it will get dirt in between the watch and you skin. also make sure its dry because that can cause irritation too. 

0 Likes
8Qbit
First Poster
Options

This is what I finally got after a month of use Galaxy watch active 2. I usually keep the clock constantly on when not showering or reloading battery. I also keep the heartbeat monitor on all the time. The "scarring" is right underneath the sensor. Haven't noticed any issues with the silicone strap.

I don't think I am keeping the strap too tight and I have not noticed similar issues with regular clocks.

IMG_20201017_233534.jpg

0 Likes
Members_47jeTzu
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Never had problems before with any watch until now with the galaxy watch. Especially the sensor that lies directly on the skin causes the irritation. I realy like the watch and am quite frustrated since now I can't even wear it for a few hours before the irritation becomes to much. It would be nice if Samsung just came with a solution. For instance: develop some protective film like a screen protector that we can stick underneath to prevent irritation. At this point the watch is just unusable and I find it weird that although this post has been only since 2018, Samusung still has not found the courage to come op with a proper response.

0 Likes
JFarrar
First Poster
Options

I have had the EXACT same response to wearing mine for 3 weeks, I cant wear it on either wrist and Best Buy will not allow me to return it because the buy/return date has passed.   Whats more worrying is how long this rash will last. 

0 Likes
Kandeda
Student
Options

I purchased my watch a month ago, Nov 2020, 2 years after initial reports started and I have the same skin reaction rash everyone has posted about. I stopped wearing the watch a week to try heal my rash and the skin on my wrist is still pink and inflamed. Not very happy. Will be looking into purchasing a new strap. Samsung has had plenty of time to put warnings on their watches but haven't. 

0 Likes
Charmaine92
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung galaxy active and I have come out it quite a big rash around my wrist from the strap, I don't have the strap tight but now my skins getting really shiny and bumpy where the strap goes not sure why. 

0 Likes