Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 06:41 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Kenniek08
First Poster
Options

IMG_20200502_133822.jpg

IMG_20200502_133825.jpg

IMG_20200502_130840.jpg

IMG_20200502_133839.jpg

0 Likes
Simms14
First Poster
Options

My rash is exactly the same.  Did you find a solution for this?  I was thinking of trying a different watch band.

0 Likes
Mickeybaby22
First Poster
Options

This is my  wrist i was like is this just me but i seen you guys all with problem.. they needs to do better cause not suppise to happen or was we told thisThis is my wrist i was like is this just me but i seen you guys all with problem.. they needs to do better cause not suppise to happen or was we told this

0 Likes
GarrenSeifert
First Poster
Options

Dude that's a major allergic reaction .... far worse then the others who have posted on here. And if it's true that's only after one day that's bad 

0 Likes
Mickeybaby22
First Poster
Options

No its not one day i had my watch for a bit over a year it this been there like a month after and still there 

0 Likes
Brianherron
Student
Options

20200104_115949.jpg

20200104_115955.jpg

20200104_120000.jpg

20200104_120008.jpg

Had the same issue. Had to change to leather strap. This was after a few weeks

0 Likes
Epinky
First Poster
Options

This was how the rash startedThis was how the rash startedIt got progressively worse and blisteredIt got progressively worse and blisteredAfter the blisters poppedAfter the blisters poppedThat looks very similar to what happend with my band. My husband bought me a Gear Sport since I loved my fitbit and used it all the time. We have been loyal samsung galaxy phone owners for years and thought that a Gear would be a good option as opposed to updating the fitbit again. My husband hasn't had any issues with his, however I have had nothing but issues with mine. I have replaced the silicone band but had the same issue again. I have tried metal bands, but they don't really work when I am trying to use the device for working out which is pretty much the sole reason I wear it - for activity tracking. I haven't worn it for a couple of months and my wrist is finally almost healed. I think I will just go back to fitbit as I have had them for several years without issues.  

0 Likes
Medinaluis
Student
Options

15918676079982767081969115986640.jpg

I have no issues with the strap the watch that's irritating me. I clean it often and ensure it's dry so it's none of that. It's like a bad sun burn and the skin feels and looks scarred...this is after not for week, no improvement. It's the galaxy active.

0 Likes
Allen2020
First Poster
Options

20200614_102256.jpg1.5 hours' running wearing this watch cut my skin to bleeding.

0 Likes
kparks12
First Poster
Options

Aside from the rash issue, this watch was one of my most regrettable purchases ever. The fact it requires charging every day, for at least an hour, and maybe I just haven't taken the time to explore the benefits of it, but it does nothing my phone doesnt do, and I have my phone on me all the time anyway. Just a waste of $$, imho.

0 Likes