Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 05-09-2019 11:07 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Jb_Reyes
Student
Options

I hope Samsung will hear and address our concerns properly. They just can't ignore this...

ashishg391
Apprentice
Options
The only way for them to listen is a big dip in their revenue. I am going to stop buying samsung stuff. I just hope many people do the same. No wonder their profits are taking a big dip in recent years.
Keith72
Apprentice
Options

In the last few days I have developed the exact same. Gear s3 frontier 

Keith72
Apprentice
Options
An update from samsung would be helpful. I've the exact same, my watch is only 2 months old.
Wrigwf14
Student
Options

I got the galaxy watch just a couple weeks ago and am using the band that came with it. I've never been allergic to anything and I also have a rash 2-3 inches long from the strap. The skin has even started peeling like it was some sort or bad sunburn.

0 Likes
azadeh_i82
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung Gear 46m watch on August 25th 2019 and have been wearing it for two weeks. Remove it for showering and charging.

Recently iv noticed some rash developing just under the watch and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red, and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. 

Iv done some googling and found some people complain about the similar rash on the gear watches.

I have a bit of an issue with this, is there any way to stop it?

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 400 NZD for a watch that's going to give me a rash!

Cheers

Keith72
Apprentice
Options

I contacted samsung but they didn't help at all. They just gave the same advice about how to wear it and about seeking medical attention if you're worried. Personally I'm going to order a 3rd party strap from Amazon as samsung do not provide any other materials other than silicone. Very poor service samsung. 

MrMethodz
Explorer
Options
Doubt it. Maybe I haven't seen it but they haven't address my concerns yet.
0 Likes
MrMethodz
Explorer
Options
A drop in the ocean, for real

You'd have to die or recieve grave injuries before they do anything.mayne something like 100,000 people complaining all at once.

The resolution is to buy a different strap...I did.
0 Likes
MrMethodz
Explorer
Options
There are a bunch of straps on Amazon. I've not tried them all but I purchased a black one that comes with a silver. A linked style strap. Works like a charm, adjustable as it comes with the tools and not a single rash and I have this one just as tight.
0 Likes