Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 22-03-2019 02:55 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Bongoz
Apprentice
Options
I got a band from Amazon so far no rash probably something in the Samsung band I'll try to include the one I got
Olytop
4.2 out of 5 stars 104 Reviews
Olytop Galaxy Watch 46mm & Gear S3 Bands, 22mm Quick Release Premium Nylon with Leather Sports Replacement Wrist Band for Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm & Gear S3 Frontier/Classic Smart Watch (Blue)
0 Likes
Bmartin29
First Poster
Options

I've got one to  shows up after like 2 days of wearing it and then takes a week to go away.  I take it off to shower and charge it when it needs it but wear it to work. 

0 Likes
Johnasee
Journeyman
Options

I've seen an improvement since turning off the heart rate monitor laser

0 Likes
AMRH
First Poster
Options

I also have a latex allergy.  I constantly switch which arm the watch is on because I feel that it's directly caused by the band.  I plan to get a new band but want to determine exactly what is causing the reaction so I don't waste my money.  Mine starts off red, sometimes itches, then turns brown, dries up, flakes, then heals.

0 Likes
SarahC2
First Poster
Options

AMRH,

That sounds like the same rash I would get, but I don't remember it itching. I found that loosening the band by one notch and removing it when washing my hands (as well as thoroughly drying my wrists)- that seems to have resolved the issue. As of right now it is completely healed and has been for awhile. Good luck!

0 Likes
MikeBuck
First Poster
Options

So I've replaced my strap and put a transparent sticker over the heart rate monitor for about 2 weeks now.  the strap has fixed the issue around my wrist but the mark where the monitor is came back after about a week.   I'm wondering if this may be the laser itself firing that may be causing the issue.  I've looked onto it quickly and theres plenty of forums and websites talking about this from a few manufacturers, including Garmin, Fitbit and Polar.

I'm going to let my current rash settle back down again,  i've turned off the heart rate monitor, and will see if the issue comes up again.

0 Likes
Leeannmc82
Apprentice
Options
My wrist is in a terrible mess just now with the watch.
0 Likes
EmJayKay
Explorer
Options

That’s exactly what has happened to me - I’ve worn the watch pretty much constantly since I got it last year in May, on my left wrist,  including shower and swimming, only removing to charge, and have had no problems until about 4 weeks ago. The rash became very sore and red, like other images I’ve seen on here.

I went to doctor who gave me anti-fungal + hydrocortisone cream to clear it up, which it did, after about a week of treatment, but since I moved the watch to my right wrist in the meantime, the rash has now started there too. 

0 Likes
MrMethodz
Explorer
Options
Hey, have you received an actual response to avoid this happening and to why it is actually happening?

I've received the very same mark and I'm not sure why, but it is from the S3.

My mark looks exactly like yours but is on the side of my wrist.
0 Likes
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options

I have got rid of mine I think it’s from the sensors on the back of watch from an update I know it sounds silly but never had a problem before