Support

Open search

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

129 REPLIES 129
Highlighted

I didn't see the solution. Can you please share so I can fix my galaxy watch. I'm only getting about an hour of battery life.

Highlighted

I am not sure if anyone has noticed that when you have your phn with u and its Bluetooth it last forever defeating the purpose of me getting a $500 watch

Highlighted

Samsung hasn't came up with a solution.  Do not set your watch on automatic updates. Look at all the reviews first. I have not updated my new watch since I received a new one . And if I am bluetoothed it last about 4 days . But if you do not bluetooth it drains by the minute.  SAMSUNG FIX THIS !!!!

Highlighted

Any solution yet?

Highlighted

I even factory reset and still drains an a little over an hour 

Highlighted

Yes.... unfortunately thats not gonna fix it. There is no fix. I have been in the same situation since Sept.  As long as u have bluetooth on and your connected to your phn it will stay charged.  

Highlighted

If after a factory reset if you're watch is draining within 24hrs down to hardly anything, then you need to get it repaired. Even with everything on that would drain a battery, like the always on display, 24hr heartrate sensor, GPS, you should still getting just over 2 days. 

Highlighted

Ok. Thank you 

Highlighted

I thought the same and got a new one and the same thing happened.  Unless I am connected to my phn I lose all charge extremely fast. If I am bluetoothed to my phn it stays charged for 4 days or so

Highlighted
Looking at your first post if you're saying after full charge you only get one hour of battery use before it starts to go dead, then you have a faulty watch.
Top Liked Authors