Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 25-10-2018 12:38 PM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Go to solution
159 REPLIES 159
rich1973
First Poster
Options
My battery showed 100% less than 2hrs later its flat and wount turn on
0 Likes
Miss M
Student
Options

I charged my watch last night at 77%, went to bed then woke up with a dead watch. It's been like this for the past couple days. I wonder if it has anything to do with the latest watch update. The battery wasn't draining this much before the update. 

I'm going to try resetting it and see how that goes. 🤞🏻

Rich21
Journeyman
Options
My gut feeling is that it is something to do with the update as mine was exactly the same but i would struggle to prove. It is very similar to what Apple were doing to force people to continuously update phones. However i sent my watch off for repair and paid £144 for new battery, new board (tech talk means nothing to me) and a new back cover and since then the battery lasts for a good 2 to 3 days, depending on use
0 Likes
Miss M
Student
Options

It probably was, I'd say. I'm going to avoid installing this update until Samsung releases the next one. Anyway, I reset my watch yesterday and it didn't die overnight and is still going strong, so that's a good sign! 

greener2206
First Poster
Options
Hi peeps .got my galaxy watch 3 .a week ago battery issues keeps going flat when not by phone.been looking at your chats made some adjustments. Still the same .any help would be good
0 Likes
Nene6012
First Poster
Options

Mine is dying quickly now as well! Just happened all of a sudden! Idk what to do, I'm so frustrated 😰! My battery usually last 4-5 days as well!!

0 Likes
Rich21
Journeyman
Options
Its apple all over again..Samsung pushing for you to replace and upgrade. I spent £150 for new battery and back cover and some new board..wont be doing it again
0 Likes
DASHman
Apprentice
Options

Samsung just going to ignore all these threads? Never ever buying a Samsung watch again 

0 Likes
djdrobins
Journeyman
Options

Sadly they will never reply - but the idea is we the users might give you some solutions. 
if it’s any consolation - Apple Watch is nearly as bad with charging required every 2 days or so, and that thing costs a fortune.

I find the trick is to keep the display screen to as simple as possible and you should get 2 days out of it.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Check out these steps you can try on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes