Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-03-2019 05:25 AM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
Smilodon_Rogue
First Poster
Options

How do you find the watches battery drain info? 

QMutley
First Poster
Options

Battery drain issue resolved

Delete Galaxy Wearable from phone completely of all options when asked,
Restore watch from boot up menu, then go and download Galaxy Wearable on phone, turn off wifi and auto health readings etc on watch when finished.
Worked for me and a friend

GermanAr
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, actually at 100% charge, in the battery info an estimate of 2 days 2hr, and by noon was 2%

Anas2019
First Poster
Options

Last update is eating my watch battery SUPER FAST! It can't last for couple of hours. I assume the update is causing this issue 

Leek1
Student
Options

Same issue. Just got my Galaxy Watch a week ago; initially 100% charge lasted 2 days. This AM, 100% charge lasted 2hrs 36mins to 0%!! Will try turning off auto update feature. 

Solution
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

To be honest mine is now fine with the latest update, battery life back over 4 days again.

Tazzz
Journeyman
Options

Can u tell what software version of the watch u have?

I'm on R800XXU1BSA4 and never had any problems with battery, around 5 days. From almost 2 weeks now can't pass 2 days. Also not detecting any sleep. (Don't remember when I upgraded my watch).

LATER EDIT: my watch was returned for warranty and they replaced the motherboard and back case. Now back on 4 days battery (with workouts), sensors working somehow.

Still have problems with gps freeze, workout bugged... using endomondo now for testing. I really give up hopping that this watch can handle workouts, just a good looking watch!

Leek1
Student
Options

Also doing better now. Software version R815USQU1B5A7. Turned off automatic updates and keep Bluetooth on (seems counter intuitive, but bluetooth on uses less power than when on Mobile networks only). Now back up to 3+ days

artur777
Explorer
Options

I'm experiencing a MASSIVE battery drain when the Galaxy Watch is connected via 4G. The battery can go down by 50% in just a couple of hours! The smartwatch also heats up and freezes. I think there's a serious issue with the last software update.

When I'm connected via BT only with the 4G deactivated the battery can last up to 4 days, so no issues. However, 4G connectivity is simply a DISASTER. Something's definitely wrong.

RemoteOmar
First Poster
Options

I think you might be right

I got my 46mm yesterday - this morning 6am took it off charge and was 100% - now (3pm) it is 10% which makes 9 hours worth of use

Only thing that could be draining it is that i work in a low reception area so maybe its working too hard, either way, if it was usuable until i went to bed and put it on charge I would've been happy. 

Its a shame as I really like the watch and it may have been better before the update (i'll never know) however looks like it'll have to go back