Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 08:18 AM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
Georgiasherwood97
First Poster
Options

ive also been having this issue however i have updated mine etc. My old Samsung active watch used to last me days, however this one i wear to bed and doesnt last 6 hours! 

0 Likes
Heen
Apprentice
Options

Yes, was on here looking because I'm having the same issue with my watch 4 40mm LTE. I put it on at 6am, completely flat by 1:30pm! I don't have always on screen turned on and mostly just used for notifications. Am really worried because I like it but there is no point to a watch that doesn't even last a day.

0 Likes
Heen
Apprentice
Options

Sorry this was posted in the wrong thread and it won't let me delete. If it makes you feel better, my brand new watch 4 LTE battery is only lasting 7hrs 😭

0 Likes
mun111
First Poster
Options
I brought my samsgung watch couple of weeks ago and my battery doesn't even last a couple of hours why could this be?
0 Likes
djdrobins
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to say - it will never get better. You may be able to squeeze a few extra hours out of it, maybe even get 24 hrs at some stage, but sadly they are just terrible for battery life. I had one, and it takes a few months for the watch to figure out it’s usage patterns and build up the time saving. The only ONLY way to make it last longer is to cut back on all the fun stuff, the auto screen turn on when you twist your wrist, the vibration for notifications (any notifications) and keep your clock screen as basic and boring as possible. 
ohh and for the love of god don’t get your 50M water proof watch wet as it hates the water.

Mine after almost 2 years to the day decided when I wore it in the shower to freshen she strap that it was not going to be water proof today and screen died. 
So I will never be getting another Samsung watch again, great concept but terrible battery and not waterproof at all after the guarantee expires - to the week. 

0 Likes
bblasberg
First Poster
Options

I had the same rapid battery drain after the update. I let the battery drain completely. I recharged the watch and restarted.  The battery  life now seems to be normal. 

0 Likes
Lisa09
Apprentice
Options

Has this changed? I was thinking about upgrading from my active 2 to the 4.

0 Likes
Lisa09
Apprentice
Options

Is this still a problem?

0 Likes
Members_dOqqQrY
First Poster
Options

Yeah MIne too, it used to last 36 hrs now it last 4 hrs max. support keep saying turn things off. I havent touched the settings its only changed since the last update

0 Likes
AJdK
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.

I had an update just a week ago and my battery is draining like crazy again. On battery saving mode and it lasts 6 hours maybe.. it is ridiculous.

0 Likes