Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 28-08-2020 09:31 AM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
Ch4rli35
First Poster
Options

I am also experiencing similar issues of battery drain only getting 5 hours per charge and was previously getting 4-5 days. so frustrating.

0 Likes
jamesfaus
First Poster
Options

Do a factory reset, if that does not work, send it back, you should not be getting 5 hours.

0 Likes
Stevefiveoh
First Poster
Options
after the recent update my Samsung Gear is now a worthless piece of *****. the battery drains from 100% in less than half a day. Samsung what are going to do about it? o want my money back!
0 Likes
freddy261
Student
Options
The same has started happening with my watch too. 4+ days, now down to 10 hours.
artur777
Explorer
Options

Fast battery drain can happen occasionally, especially after a major software update if something went wrong during the process or if you install an app or a watch face that consumes a lot of battery. You should restart your watch or even reset it to the factory settings and this would usually solve the issue. Be careful what apps and watch faces you install as some of them are very power-hungry or may have bugs or poor power management. You can check the battery usage on the Wear app on your phone to find out which apps, watch faces or services consume your battery most. Panicking, getting angry and frustrated doesn't help. Try to find out what may have caused the issue and try to fix it before you consider returning your watch. If it worked properly before the issue happened there is no reason for it not to be able to work properly again unless there was a critical error during the update, or the hardware got damaged (unlikely). It's just a tech device after all and not a hammer or a screwdriver.

0 Likes
artur777
Explorer
Options

See my comment above. I hope this helps.

AMANTE01
First Poster
Options

I have not installed anything on my watch.  It is what it has been since I bought it.  Now it won't even power up so I can't reset to factory settings.  I don't know if it's the charger or the watch battery that is defective. 😞

0 Likes
artur777
Explorer
Options

In that case, obviously, your unit is faulty and it qualifies for a replacement or repair. You should bring it back to the retailer. In my comment above, I was referring to the users whose watches worked properly before the issue appeared. 

0 Likes
Slagasse1961
First Poster
Options

Thank you. I hope thget h

0 Likes
Juan_K
Explorer
Options

Hi all, 

I would like to answer to this post because I had this issue before. After updates of Samsung Health, Galaxy Watch Plugin and Galaxy Wearable applications, the battery of my watch drained drastically, past to 4-5 days of autonomy to 1-2 days. 

To resolve this issue, I invite you to apply this method : 

- Uninstall all of these applications on your phone : Samsung Health, Galaxy Wearable, Galaxy Watch Plugin.

- Do a factory reset on your watch 

- Go to "Uptodown" website 

- Download some "old updates" versions for Samsung Health, Galaxy Watch Plugin and Galaxy Wearable applications (see the date of the versions on the website)

- Install these on your phone

- Desactivate the automatic updates on the Play Store

Thanks to this method, the autonomy of my watch past to 4-5 days like before. 

Hope my post will help. Sorry for my english, I'm french and I hope my post is comprehensive. 

Be free to ask me, I will answer I soon as I can.

Thank you !