Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 22-07-2020 03:41 PM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
SFlynn
Journeyman
Options

What I found that helped, was... I took out one app at a time then added that back if and took out the next app until I found which app was causing the drain on my battery.  For me, it seemed to be one of the features in the Samsung Health app. So, I can't remember which but what I have on my watch now is Contacts,Alt-Barometer, Alarm, Samsung Health Multi-workouts quick icons for 4 activities, Calendar.   I have a stand-alone watch.  

Being kind never hurts you or another person.
0 Likes
Desertrat93
First Poster
Options

I finally did a full reset in my watch and so far has resolved the problem. Haven't yet updated BIXBY again though as that is when it first started. 

0 Likes
CG14
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue - I used to get days of use out of the watch with no need to charger but I have just had to charge for the second time today due to low battery. It must have been since an update but I can't work out exactly what changed and I don't want to disconnect everything - I would have got a normal watch if I wanted no functionality. I really hope Samsung find a fix as it's getting ridiculous now. 

0 Likes
Lisamv
Explorer
Options

That is exactly when I noticed it. Not to memtion when its connected to your phone it seems to do better. But i didn't buy a 500 watch to have my phone always on me. Ughhh 

0 Likes
SympatheticType
Student
Options

0 Likes
SympatheticType
Student
Options

I've just experienced the same with my watch last night. I've had it just about a year and last night it completely died while I was asleep after 12 hours charge - I didn't sleep well last night but I don't think was that active in my sleep!! 

I think power save was on and I can't see any major drain on it but I do seem to need to charge it every 2-3 days. I thought it was just that I never really take the time to set these things up to be most efficient- just switch on and go. At least I know it's not just me - I really don't want to have to spend another £300 this soon. Guess I'll recharge it, monitor it and hope it's a one-off and not a first-time... 😶 

I switched to the Galaxy watch because an update bricked my Fitbit. I really don't fancy having to deal with the same thing again.

Screenshot_20200723-070031_Watch Active Plugin.jpg

Lisbeth264
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Support on Facebook has been helpful and very responsive.  Try contacting them.Screenshot_20200723-084757_Messenger.jpg

0 Likes
badidol
First Poster
Options

Ok, but that's kind of pointless, now, is it? I mean, if that's what you have to do to solve the issue, what would you need a smartwatch for?

I am experiencing the same issue and if THAT is the desired solution, then I'd rather get my money back and not have a smartwatch for 400€ just to have a very expensive wristwatch.

0 Likes
Jeff0
First Poster
Options

My watch just started being screwy about a week ago as well:

• I've never had my "Always on" display turned on, but now it's randomly turned on.
  • The battery is draining very quickly (down 40% and the day is only half over).
  • Every once in awhile, several times a day, my watch will instantly spam BOTH a notification to get moving, and then congratulating me that I'm still moving. This happens both within a split second even if I'm just sitting at my desk.

What the heck happened??? 😕

0 Likes
barbygal
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys - how do your watches last 5 days????

I'm lucky to get a full day out of mine.  and how do you turn auto updates OFF?

I have the 42m, does that make a difference?

thanks

0 Likes