Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 04:20 PM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
Lisamv
Explorer
Options

I am not sure if anyone has noticed that when you have your phn with u and its Bluetooth it last forever defeating the purpose of me getting a $500 watch

0 Likes
Lisamv
Explorer
Options

Samsung hasn't came up with a solution.  Do not set your watch on automatic updates. Look at all the reviews first. I have not updated my new watch since I received a new one . And if I am bluetoothed it last about 4 days . But if you do not bluetooth it drains by the minute.  SAMSUNG FIX THIS !!!!

0 Likes
Lisamv
Explorer
Options

Any solution yet?

0 Likes
Amber817
First Poster
Options

I even factory reset and still drains an a little over an hour 

0 Likes
Lisamv
Explorer
Options

Yes.... unfortunately thats not gonna fix it. There is no fix. I have been in the same situation since Sept.  As long as u have bluetooth on and your connected to your phn it will stay charged.  

0 Likes
jamesfaus
First Poster
Options

If after a factory reset if you're watch is draining within 24hrs down to hardly anything, then you need to get it repaired. Even with everything on that would drain a battery, like the always on display, 24hr heartrate sensor, GPS, you should still getting just over 2 days. 

0 Likes
Amber817
First Poster
Options

Ok. Thank you 

0 Likes
Lisamv
Explorer
Options

I thought the same and got a new one and the same thing happened.  Unless I am connected to my phn I lose all charge extremely fast. If I am bluetoothed to my phn it stays charged for 4 days or so

0 Likes
jamesfaus
First Poster
Options
Looking at your first post if you're saying after full charge you only get one hour of battery use before it starts to go dead, then you have a faulty watch.
0 Likes
Lisamv
Explorer
Options

I had it replace.  This is a new watch and as I have been saying If I do not have it Bluetoothed to my phn I lost charge rapidly.  I have noticed when these watches are on standalone you lose charge fast. I bought it to leave my phone behind 😒

0 Likes