Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-03-2020 11:30 PM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
jamesfaus
First Poster
Options

I am not sure what happened, but I went from 5 day battery life to just under 2 days in the past week. I tried a reset, but still 2 days. I am not sure what has happened. I am dissapointed, I now feel like I am wearing a faulty watch and not sure I would want to invest again in this type of technology when there are so many issues and very few fixes.

0 Likes
NavNeev
Journeyman
Options
Hi James,

Welcome to the club. This happened to a lot of Galaxy Watch owners, and it is a major firmware f**kup of Samsung.
They told me they are working on a solution bit I have not heard anything yet. I'll keep you posted.

Grtz, Hans
diegolcardona
Apprentice
Options

Hi All.

I use an iPhone with my Galaxy Watch 46mm and since 2 charges ago, my watch came back to 5 days charge. I did not do any reset or anything. It just came back to perfect condition out of nowhere. The only thing that I did was connecting the Bluetooth first to the connection without the LE and the to the LE connection. After that, I am back to the 5 days battery. This solution seems weird but that is how I remember that I went back to normal. Please share if it does work for you.

0 Likes
NavNeev
Journeyman
Options

Not the BlueTooth trick fixes my drain issue. In order to preserve battery power I put my watch in Flight mode during the night, and to my surprise it switched back to the former low power usage. My watch now lasts almost 6 days on a single charge!!

I have a 46mm watch, and I wonder what might have happened here? Is there some internal software switch which flipped it from 42mm mode to 46mm mode?

Curious about what Samsung thinks of this. Also curious whether this solves your power drain issue too!

Grtz, Hans

0 Likes
JensJakob
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for the update. Battery drain is terrible. Watch is loosing 10% now in 6 hours on flightmode...
0 Likes
jamesfaus
First Poster
Options

My watch had 4 weeks of terrible battery life, then back to normal after doing nothing. No update or anything.

0 Likes
GalaxyTester
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

I measured my batter drain. Let me know how are you doing!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/Battery-test-for-Galaxy-Watch-46mm-LTE/m-p/1593504#M13...

0 Likes
MartinJensenDK
First Poster
Options

I am now experiencing the exact same issue.

Galaxy Watch 46mm battery life going from 4-5 days to under 2 days!

This is very poor, since my watch will run out of battery if i forget to charge it at night...also I use it to monitor my sleep...or at least, i did 😞

SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX THIS SOON!

Running the following software versions:

One UI 1.5

Tizen 4.0.0.7

Software version R805FXXU1FSL3

0 Likes
jamesfaus
First Poster
Options

I just went with it and after about 3 weeks it has gone back to being normal. I recharged it one day and it went back to nearly giving me 5 days.

0 Likes
Amber817
First Poster
Options

I didn't see the solution. Can you please share so I can fix my galaxy watch. I'm only getting about an hour of battery life.

0 Likes