Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 04-07-2019 07:40 AM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
qunndo
First Poster
Options

Mine went back today, which is a real shame because functionality (beyond battery life) and aesthetics was exactly what I wanted. What is the best way to keep track of updates? I'd consider buying again if the battery issue is resolved.

Jcopp
First Poster
Options
Battery wont last 8 hours.
What do I do
0 Likes
artur777
Explorer
Options
The last update to One UI a week ago seemed to have solved the battery drain issue on my device (Galaxy Watch 4G 42mm). The battery life is still not so great when on 4G network only as it'll last some 12 hours, but at least the rapid drain issue seems to be solved now. Otherwise, I get up to 4 days of battery life on a single charge when connected via BT. Try updating to One UI and see if it works for you.
0 Likes
Kilroy
Student
Options

Had my watch a week and was initially disappointed with the battery having come from Fitbit Versa which had great battery life.

However, I've found turning off Wi-Fi and location  when not needed has made a huge difference. Makes no difference to watch functionality and reckon I'll now get over 2 days on a charge.

Other than this the watch is everything I had hoped!

zunair521
First Poster
Options

1 week ago my galaxy watch 46mm battery started to drain and it won't last for 8 hours. Today my watch has stopped charging. 

What should I do ?

0 Likes
Smellycat
Student
Options

I had the exact same problem... battery life went down by ~1/2 after the watch software updated.

Fix:

- Backup your watch settings first, via the Galaxy Wear app on your phone

- On the watch, go to settings and complete a Reset

- Restore your watch settings using the Galaxy Wear app

Worked like a charm for me.

SFlynn
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same problem!  

Being kind never hurts you or another person.
0 Likes
genachiasson
First Poster
Options

I have had a serious problem with the battery the last couple weeks after an update.  I am lucky to get 8 hours on it and then it dies. It was fine before the update. 

SFlynn
Journeyman
Options

I can't even get a whole day now! I use to get almost 2 days. 

Being kind never hurts you or another person.
0 Likes
Andrej17
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem batery from last update  only 1 day.

Tonight i had 48% battery had i had a night mode and plane mod. After wake up my batery The battery was 7%.  I am angry.

0 Likes