Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch rapid battery drain - no wifi

(Topic created on: 16-09-2020 10:51 PM)
brazerker
Apprentice
Options

Starting about last week my watch (46mm) has been  dying after only a few days.  I started a tracking log and noticed it happens sometime after reaching 76%.  Something is definitely broken as I've disabled wifi (from watch) and only allow the display to show when I click the button.   Anyone else seeing this? Samsung - any response for why your product can't work longer than 18 months?

I'm not running apps on it, not playing music - just a small number of notifications (maybe 5 per day), no calls from the phone, no samsung pay or nfc... only really using the activity tracker.. but going from 76% -> 9% in a few hours is truly unacceptable.

Here is my log:

9/14.  9pm.    100%

9/15.   8am       94%

9/15.   4:30pm  90%

9/16.   8:39am   81%

9/16.   10:30am.  76%

9/16.      2:19pm.   9%

I've enjoyed the watch (while it was working), but the poor reliability makes me question the future of Samsung quality - which seems to be headed south.  Interestingly when I first purchased this watch, I ended up taking it back to get it replaced within the first couple days because of poor battery life.  

6 REPLIES 6
joshjryan
First Poster
Options

I have been experiencing similar behavior. Seems to be related from an update that occurred ~1 month ago.

Some days my battery behaves like it has for the past two years, and other days it'll drop ~60% in a few hours. Today I started my day (~7:00a) at 55%, and by noon it was completely dead. Typically that 55% would easily get me through a day.

Doyle28
First Poster
Options
how do i claim free samsung watch.. it tells me to fill the form in benefits but nothing there..
0 Likes
Andy44
Explorer
Options

Getting annoyed with my Samsung galaxy watch 4g. Thought I had resolved all my issues but it seems every other night it completely drains. I went to bed with it at 67% (good night mode on) and completely flat 7 hours later. Judging by my sleep log it took 4 hrs 25 mins to completely drain!

0 Likes
brazerker
Apprentice
Options

Samsung responded to my warranty request with the header in the email saying 'Warranty Accepted', but in the body of the msg saying the warranty expired.  I just purchased a battery replacement off of ebay for 30 bucks - once I get a proper 'Y' screwdriver I'm going to just manually replace, however, Samsung is on my list!!   I've got no interest in buying any new wearables until they can create one that handles more than a mere 150 charges.

0 Likes
Adammkerr
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Amy fixes yet?

0 Likes
brazerker
Apprentice
Options

I ordered a replacement battery off of ebay, and just swapped the battery.  I'm charging the watch now and will post an update on how well it works - but the only option after the warranty expires is to give samsung a lot MORE money for a product with a poor life span or get an oem batter and swap it out yourself (wish there was a better way).

0 Likes