Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch overriding bluetooth settings on calls

(Topic created on: 19-03-2019 10:19 AM)
lordbase
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy Watch (which I love) connected to a Galaxy S9. However I'm having an issue with bluetooth connections to anything for calls as the watch seems to take over. 

This applies to both a Plantronics Savi W720 headset and my car connection. Both of which worked flawlessly before I got the watch (I previously had a Garmin Fenix 3). 

Despite being constantly connected to one or the other (I'm very rarely not in range of either my home office headset or in my car) I've been having massive issues since buying the watch where my phone seems to default calls to the watch rather than the headset or carphone. It also won't let me switch on the "call" slider in the bluetooth settings to activate the other devices. 

It's got to the stage where I'm having to turn my watch off to reconnect my headset and car before I can actually use them. With the car, even once connected the bluetooth connection seems to constantly drop out as the watch fights it for control of the audio. I don't want my audio through my watch, that's why I have a £200 bluetooth headset!

I don't want my watch to connect to my audio at all, but I can't seem to find an option to stop it and it drives me mad every time I look at bluetooth settings and my watch says "connected to call audio". 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

12 REPLIES 12
lordbase
Apprentice
Options

So.. no thoughts about this at all? No way to turn off calls on the watch? I really dont need to ever make a call through my watch...

Stevet0203
First Poster
Options
I have the exact same issue, and I love the watch. The only solution I have found so far is to head to settings --> connections --> and turning off the mobile networks. This method seems like overkill though, and I wish there was a better solution
0 Likes
galaxysam
First Poster
Options

Same issue here:

Galaxy S10+, Plantronics Savi720M Headset - synch'd and worked find until Galaxy S3 Frontier watch took over calls, now I cannot keep Savi 720M Headset Synch'd.  I have to remove and re-synch it multiple times per day and the slider won't stay in the use for calls position on the blutooth setting page for the Savi 720M.

I like the phone, I like the watch.  I have to have the headset - At this point I think my only choice is to un-synch and turn off the watch until a resolution is availble - I have even cleaned up my bluetoot  list, removed other devices.

Very frustrated and out a lot of $$$ for this to have it not be working and no resolution yet. 

0 Likes
Shinymcshine
Apprentice
Options

Also having the same problem. Totally impractical to take calls on my watch while driving especially when I have facility to use car Bluetooth either via android auto or through Bluetooth. Anyone had any luck with Samsung tech support? 

0 Likes
headshok2002
First Poster
Options

Classic Samsung.

I'm having this problem with a Galaxy Watch Active 2... in July of 2021. Nice to see this thread having gone nowhere and no fix in place. *facepalm*

0 Likes
Shinymcshine
Apprentice
Options
My issue with it resolved. Not sure how but I think a factory reset did the trick.
0 Likes
orionseesall76
Student
Options

Has this issue remained resolved for you here in October?  It's driving me nuts.  I've got my watch set the way I like it and really do not want to reset if I don't have to.

0 Likes
Shinymcshine
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I reset it and it seemed to resolve itself.
orionseesall76
Student
Options

Kind of a bummer, but it's better than nothing.

Thanks??

0 Likes