Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch overheating.

(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 07:25 AM)
TheFad
Student
Options
Hi, I have the original Galaxy watch and ots been doing quite well for a few years now apart from the battery life being lowered considerably. However, now the watch keeps overheating and shutting down. I've tried restarting it and it's not a glitch because the watch does actually heat up a lot within 3 minutes of being turned on. Anybody know what I can do?
6 REPLIES 6
sltas
First Poster
Options

Same here.

Tam85
First Poster
Options

same story, I tried resetting it but that didn't help.

willjoe
Explorer
Options

The most common reasons for a device becoming hot are: Your device is charging. Your device is running a power-intensive app. Your device is being used in a case or cover.

Hope this helps

davidach
Apprentice
Options
My watch has actually burnt my wrist leaving a 10mm blister while using golf app... sending back to Samsung for investigation. Not sure at the moment if I'm going to pursue claim for personal injury yet.
YevgenGo
Student
Options
I have the same issue with my Samsung watch as everyone who commented previously. It has started from nowhere a day ago. The battery drains extremely quickly causing a massive overheating of the watches. In this condition the device becomes absolutely non-functional after a few years of reliable service.
TheFad
Student
Options
That's what happened to me. I ended up buying the GW5 because Samsung were trading in broken watches at the same price as fixed one back when the GW5 was launched. So i traded it in. Unfortunate tho, I really liked the bezel.
0 Likes