Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Overheating

(Topic created on: 24-08-2021 01:32 PM)
Yetish
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy watch started heating. Then shuts down so it can cool down.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried doing a factory reset and then see if that makes any difference ?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Yetish: If you have recently installed any new apps on the Watch, try shutting them down, or removing them altogether to see if this helps. I'd also recommend checking for any available updates by opening the Galaxy Wearables app on your connected mobile phone > About Watch > Update Watch Software > Update Now. If the issue persists, attempt a Factory Data Reset via the steps below.

Data Back Up - Galaxy Wearables > About Watch > Back Up And Restore > Backup Settings

Reactivation Lock - Galaxy Wearables > Settings > Find My Watch > Set Security (if you can't see this, you may need to use Turn On Remote Connection first) > Reactivation Lock > Press the switch (to disable) > Enter your Samsung Account password > Confirm

Factory Data Reset - Settings > General > Reset > Confirm (the tick icon)

0 Likes
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, I hope it will be fixed with the upcoming update!

0 Likes
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem but I did not see no point on doing a factory reset as the problem appeared straight out of the box. 

0 Likes
Yetish
Apprentice
Options

Took my phone into workshop, paid for the battery to be replaced but still experiencing the same problem.

0 Likes
nhrob2003
Apprentice
Options

had same issue with mine.  Let your watch completely drain the battery then recharge.  This fixed the problem for me.  Must be something to do with battery memory

0 Likes
Members_awQ7hHM
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues

0 Likes
Tezee
First Poster
Options

Had my watch since 2019 and never had an issue until 2 days ago, I felt this burning sensation on my wrist and the next thing I know I look down at my watch and it’s saying over heating as it’s burning my wrist and I’m trying to take it off a fast as possible and I finally get it off and there’s a burn on my wrist right where my watch was! I am very upset with Samsung I have been with Samsung since when the palm pilot came out. I have not heard nothing or seen any response on how they will fix it or what they will be doing for their customers who have been burned and how they have no watch that they purchased because it overheats burns you then shuts down!!! Kind of reminds me of when they had to recall a Note because the battery was catching on fire....THIS IS CRAZY, LIKE DEALING WITH COVID ISNT ENOUGH!!!  Samsung needs to figure something out quick b4 they lose a customer to Apple that they have had for YEARS and I don’t even like Apple but I know I won’t be buying nothing Samsung if this ***** is not fixed ASAP!!!!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Tezee  ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you experienced this with your watch. If you're based in the UK/Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by tapping on your profile at the top of the page > Messages, and include details of your issue, and I can arrange for your query to be passed to the relevant team for further assistance.

Alternatively, you can find how to send a private message here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes