Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - Overheating / Cooling Issue

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 07:33 PM)
PonyBristol
Explorer
Options

I've had 2 samsung galaxy watches that do the same thing.  There appears to be a fundamental flaw / defect with the watch operating on its own (standalone and not connected to its paired phone.

If my watch stays connected to my phone i never get the cooling issue and the battery will last around 4 days.
However, as soon as the watch becomes disconnected from the phone, within a few minutes it enters cooling mode and cannot be used.
I tested this yesterday by going out of range of my phone and asked a friend to call me. Within seconds of the call connecting, the watch hung up the call and entered cooling mode.
I repeated the test but connetced to my phone amd the call stayed connected on the watch for its duration (around 10 minutes) with no issue; i just had to keep my phone in my pocket.

Can someone at samsung aknowledge this flaw please as I've had 2 watches now that do exactly the same thing.

Many thanks

16 REPLIES 16
tomflies1
First Poster
Options

I've had my watch for just over a year now,...it started doing exactly the same thing.  There must be a fix for this problem.  I'll probably have to make the call to Samsung but that usually ends up with a "Gee, I've never heard of that problem before"

0 Likes
Clintmc
First Poster
Options
Same problem here. This is my second watch as the first was replaced for the problem. My wife's watch works perfectly though
Claire25
Journeyman
Options
I have had the same ... did they replace the whole watch .. this will be my 3rd time sent back for repair
0 Likes
Dino17
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue recently, started a week ago.

How can this be resolved?

0 Likes
Reg321
Journeyman
Options

My watch does exactly the same thing.  I have sent it away twice and it has been sent back twice saying nothing wrong.  I can't believe it.  Going to try one more time to have resolved before talking to fair trading.

Claire25
Journeyman
Options
Good luck. let me know how you get on.
can't believe they have their next watch out and this issue still arises 🤷‍♀️
Garith
First Poster
Options

I've had my watch for just over a year now,...it started doing exactly the same thing, so I thought I would also express my concern.

JonOfAllTrades
First Poster
Options

Just got the new Watch5 Pro.  First call I made not connected to the phone lasted about 2 min. and the same thing happened.  Dropped the call and went into cooling mode.  This sucks for a known issue on a  500 dollar watch.

IrishCream
Student
Options

Just happened to me too. First call without phone and connected to Bluetooth headphones. 20 minutes then bam, dropped call and unresponsive watch saying "Emergency Call". Then upon restart, it said cooling. So this problem is still happening. At close to 700 CAD, you'd think it was tested and ready for release. The the lack of interest from Samsung in these forums is also quite telling.