Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch overheating and shutting down

(Topic created on: 19-07-2022 07:59 AM)
Yorkie09
First Poster
Options

Galaxy watch 2 today suddenly stared overheating and almost burnt my wrist. Watch showed overheating symbol and shut down. Restarted several times but same result. Battery drained very quickly. Have reset watch twice and reinstalled app on my S8 but still overheating.

There appears to be no fix, despite Samsung being aware of this problem for some time now, and not recalling or repairing faulty devices.

i have used this watch now for 18 months and love it, but Samsung are about to loose yet another faithful customer unless they come up with a fix. Not be buying another Galaxy product.

42 REPLIES 42
irenemd
Student
Options

I called Samsung and  they had me send in the watch for repairs. The "fixed" something, sent it back to me, same problem. I called Samsung again, they had me return the watch and sent me a replacement watch. I just got it, so no idea if the new version fixes the overheating problem.

welshie01
First Poster
Options
Hi my watch 3 has stated that it's overheating also, then switches off. Have tried a reboot, a manual reset twice and nothing, please can anyone help with this, watch ain't even 2 yrs old. Rather frustrating
0 Likes
Schweetypooh
Student
Options

My Galaxy watch also suddenly started to overheat and shut down yesterday. I've tried to reset the watch to no avail.  I've had the my watch for more than 3 years and it has worked perfectly fine until now. 

0 Likes
None13
First Poster
Options

My galaxy watch started doing the same today. I am surprised that this appears to be a huge issue with galaxy watches and there is no solution. Definitely it is a perfect case for a Class Action case

0 Likes
Msl1122
First Poster
Options

I have had 3 Samsung watches and all 3 have had overheating issues right after the warranty is up. I am done.  If I have to buy a watch every year I might as well buy a Fitbit.  They are cheaper and I have yet to have one malfunction. I have also had 2 phones over heat.  One was during warranty and they replaced it.  The other wasn’t and they didn’t.  

0 Likes
spudski
First Poster
Options
Just started happening to my watch starts burning my wrist then error message saying it has to shut down to cool down
0 Likes
YevgenGo
Student
Options
I have the same issue with my Samsung watch as everyone who commented previously. It has started from nowhere a day ago. The battery drains extremely quickly causing a massive overheating of the watches. In this condition the device becomes absolutely non-functional after a few years of reliable service.
0 Likes
Deba Sahoo
First Poster
Options

My watch is about 2 years old. I have tried reset. But still didn’t work. Not buying a Galaxy watch ever again ..

0 Likes
Galaxy Watch1
First Poster
Options

MY galaxy watch that I've had for several years started overheating. Now it won't charge or start. I love this watch but don't know what to do 

0 Likes
missmyactive2
First Poster
Options
I've had my Active 2 watch for around 3 years. Crashed while on holiday, with a message saying 'authenticating' or something like that. Was overheating when charging. Tried again when home, and now the screen is flashing. Won't switch on / reboot etc. Don't know whether it's worth trying to get it fixed or just get another one.
0 Likes