Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch overheating and shutting down

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 12:04 PM)
Yorkie09
First Poster
Options

Galaxy watch 2 today suddenly stared overheating and almost burnt my wrist. Watch showed overheating symbol and shut down. Restarted several times but same result. Battery drained very quickly. Have reset watch twice and reinstalled app on my S8 but still overheating.

There appears to be no fix, despite Samsung being aware of this problem for some time now, and not recalling or repairing faulty devices.

i have used this watch now for 18 months and love it, but Samsung are about to loose yet another faithful customer unless they come up with a fix. Not be buying another Galaxy product.

42 REPLIES 42
Members_eRimXSg
Student
Options

Last night I was woken up by my Galaxy watch burning my wrist.  I took it off.  This morning I realised that the watch had shut down so I switched it back on.  Immediately it started burning my wrist again, then the screen said it was overheating and it shut down.

This is a BIG fault with these watches and  am sure someone will soon be taking LEGAL ACTION against Samsung when they are seriously burned.  By not fixing or even acknowledging this issue Samsung are being negligent in regards to the safety of their customers.

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

@Members_eRimXSg We take reports like yours very seriously. Please PM Sam_UK, so we can take your details. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Members_eRimXSg
Student
Options

Thank you for replying.

Please tell me how I PM Sam_UK so that I can send my details as requested.  

Thank you

0 Likes
Members_eRimXSg
Student
Options

I have now discovered how to send a PM and have responded as requested.

0 Likes
ShandaSunshine
Apprentice
Options

Good morning, I reported this issue in November of 2021 and received no feedback except to pay for a new watch.  Can you tell me what is being done about this issue?  I am not willing to buy another galaxy watch because I did not get any support for this issue.  Thanks!

0 Likes
ShandaSunshine
Apprentice
Options

I hope you share whatever fix they tell you.  I didn't speak on LEGAL ACTION because I didn't think it was an issue they weren't aware of.  This has been happening with this watch for some time.  I sent email in Nov of 2021 and saw many old posts on this issue.  

0 Likes
WW55
First Poster
Options

My watch again has overheated and shut down, now the 3rd time, Samsung do not want to know about it as it is not under warranty, even tho this is the 3rd time for the same fault!  The watch is 3.5 years old, I paid $790.00 AU for this kind of money I would have expected it to last, let alone keep overheating and shut down.  I have asked Samsung to replace the watch, they have stated they will not replace, even tho they have accepted it as faulty!  I agree one day someone will be severely burnt and then Samsung will have to pay up, so watch this space because when that happens I will be adding to their claim.......

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

@WW55 I'd recommend contacting the Samsung Support Team in your region: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

They'll be able to assist you. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
irenemd
Student
Options

My watch shuts down when I am out walking. I have Spotify and the exercise app running. After about a mile, it says it needs to cool down and goes into airplane mode (or something). I lose Spotify and the exercise app shuts down. I have contacted Samsung customer support and I now have to send my watch to them to be looked at by a technician. If it can't be fixed, I'll get a replacement watch. Does anyone know if there is an actual fix or that another watch will be any better? My watch is almost a year old and this has been happening on and off ever since I got it, but has now happened the last two days.

0 Likes
bulls96
First Poster
Options

Same problem here? So samsung isn't really offer g any solutions huh? 

0 Likes