Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch overheating and shutting down

(Topic created on: 14-11-2021 10:04 PM)
Yorkie09
First Poster
Options

Galaxy watch 2 today suddenly stared overheating and almost burnt my wrist. Watch showed overheating symbol and shut down. Restarted several times but same result. Battery drained very quickly. Have reset watch twice and reinstalled app on my S8 but still overheating.

There appears to be no fix, despite Samsung being aware of this problem for some time now, and not recalling or repairing faulty devices.

i have used this watch now for 18 months and love it, but Samsung are about to loose yet another faithful customer unless they come up with a fix. Not be buying another Galaxy product.

42 REPLIES 42
Mil929
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same issue then it is basically unisable and does the same as 20 euro casio digital watches.I had it sent to a shop and they said it was a software issue.It worked fine for a month and now it starts overheating again.So useless.

0 Likes
WW55
First Poster
Options

I have had the same trouble, the first time it happened Samsung repaired it under warranty.  It has just happened again! The Samsung repairer told me he had never heard of this happening before!! Obviously it had to many other Samsung watches.

0 Likes
Members_4cul6bM
First Poster
Options

I got the galaxy  4 watch classic  last week it keeps over heating and say cooling down  not on any apps or hot myself can any one help 

0 Likes
ShandaSunshine
Apprentice
Options

My galaxy watch that I purchased last year in June has suddenly stopped working.  Gets so hot, goes into airplane mode and shuts off. I haven't seen able to find any information on this issue.  What can be done? 

0 Likes
wonder1211
Student
Options

I have the same issue.  It basically just happened after an update.  I had this watch for 4 years with no problem until this latest update.

0 Likes
Kmateng
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem I'm going to give the iPhone and I watch a chance because Samsung dont seem to be too interested in there costumers

0 Likes
Dana60
First Poster
Options

Same for me as well, I did the latest update the other day, and now it is just getting so hot that it burns and continually shutting down.

0 Likes
jimmi78
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I've today encountered the same overheating on my Galaxy Watch on my wrist. What is the fix for this? Samsung please advise!

0 Likes
NT_
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy watch has also just started to overheat and shuts down. It's been doing this for 2 days now.

This is the 3rd Samsung watch I have owned and it now seems its to to spend my money on another brand!!!!

@Samsung, you guys need to urgently fix this issue or you would be loosing customers that have over the years been loyal to your brand most especially as there are now plenty of alternatives in the market.

Nickala D
First Poster
Options

Same happened to me today. I rely on my watch for work and it's over heating and not connecting to my phone anymore. Was perfectly fine yesterday. Had my watch for nearly 4 years and had no issues with it until now. I honestly hope they fix this otherwise I'll be switching to Apple 

0 Likes