Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch overheating and shutting down

(Topic created on: 26-10-2021 12:14 PM)
Yorkie09
First Poster
Options

Galaxy watch 2 today suddenly stared overheating and almost burnt my wrist. Watch showed overheating symbol and shut down. Restarted several times but same result. Battery drained very quickly. Have reset watch twice and reinstalled app on my S8 but still overheating.

There appears to be no fix, despite Samsung being aware of this problem for some time now, and not recalling or repairing faulty devices.

i have used this watch now for 18 months and love it, but Samsung are about to loose yet another faithful customer unless they come up with a fix. Not be buying another Galaxy product.

42 REPLIES 42
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Not sure if your watch is black with a black wrist band like mine with the Hot weather my watch tends to get hot as we know black absorbs the heat so something to wary of.

20210602_075854_934.jpg
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Sorry to hear about this issue with your watch, @Yorkie09. If it has been reset and continues to heat up, it would be best to get this inspected by an engineer. You can arrange this by getting in touch via our Social Media channels or over the phone on 0333 000 0333. If the watch does become too hot to hold, please get in touch as soon as possible. 

0 Likes
Gina70
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE just all of a sudden started overheating on my wrist and I had to remove it before it burned me. I have not had any issues and I wasn't using any apps at the time. Now it can't be on more than a couple minutes before it says that it needs to shut down to cool.  I have reset it and it is still doing the same. It is completely unusable. 

Yetish
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy Watch 

23 August 2021

my Galaxy watch suddenly started overheating to the extend I had to remove to avoid getting burned. Notice appears that watch is overheating and will shut down so that it can cool down.

Dave95
First Poster
Options

My watch has stated to over heat and won't hold the charge, tried to reset and now it wont turn on, have rebooted and reset. Takes ages to charge, once charged it drops off so fast and a warning again appears saying to hot and goes into safe mode, what's going on with the Samsung watches I have had no issues in over two years. I don't have to the receipt so cannot return to the shop please advise on what's happening. As I see a lot off comments here regarding the same issues.

Yetish
Apprentice
Options

Had my battery on Galaxy 3 watch replaced, however it is still heating up. Going back the the workshop.

0 Likes
DKSwede
First Poster
Options

Mine just did the same thing.   Any resolution to the issue?  I love my watch!

0 Likes
havanaheny
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Watch 3  LTE is overheating. I have never had a problem  I wasn't using any apps at the time. Now it can't be on more than a couple of minutes before it says that it needs to shut down to cool.  I have reset it and it is still doing the same. It is completely unusable. i recently have a fold 3  and never experience any problems  with any Samsung hardware. what can I do  please help.

CarlH
Options

Hi @havanaheny. Is your watch connected to your Fold3 when this happens? Have you been using the original charger that came supplied with it too? 

0 Likes