Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch not recording sleep

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 10:31 AM)
Becky9
Apprentice
Options

I got my Galaxy Watch 6 months ago and randomly on Tuesday evening it's become faulty. I've checked the Samsung Store app, Wearable app and Samsung Health and they're all up to date no updates needed on anything. Wearable app says current version is R810XXU1FUD1/R810OXA1FUD1

Wednesday morning I woke up and checked my watch to find I'd only slept 1hr30mins but had done 1000 steps. Thursday morning no sleep recorded at all but did 700 steps.

During this I've been Googling and looking for solutions, I'd changed the watch faces a few times, tried one without steps on the display, rebooted, cleaned the watch and I can't wear it any tighter.

Friday morning no sleep recorded again but did 300 steps. So last night I backed up the watch, reset it and restored it.

This morning there's been no sleep recorded, about 100 steps done during sleep. I've tried to measure my heart rate and it asks me to keep still while it tries to measure, but I'm sat here not moving.

Why has this suddenly happened and how can I fix it please?

Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Becky9
Apprentice
Options

No one else has had these issues?

I've also now noticed that since Tuesday my exercises in Samsung Health have not recorded any elevation and that my altimeter and barometer don't show me any information.

Tonight I've noticed the green sensor on the back no longer flashes.

No mods or anyone that can help?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Becky9 ,

It seems that you have tried a good part of the available troubleshooting steps. Would you be able to Factory Reset the watch and check if the same thing happens after that? Before doing this I'd suggest backing up your data so you don't lose anything at all. Find how to do this here: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-watch-factory-reset-your-watch-sm-r800-sm-r....

0 Likes
Becky9
Apprentice
Options
Hello

I've already tried backing up, resetting and restoring with no success, I'll give it another go tonight though
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

If the issue persists after that, I would suggest getting this looked at by an engineer. To get this arranged please contact our Support Team, you can find their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes
Toddah777
Student
Options

Hi Becky9,

Just wanted to go on the record here that I have a Galaxy Watch that is doing the same thing.  There has been no mistreatment of the hardware itself, and the issue seems to have commenced after the most recent update.

I have also noted that it has been having some trouble recording my heart rate accurately at the beginning of an exercise session and (when I first noticed this problem) when I tried to take my pulse with the Watch using the heart rate app, it absolutely refused to measure, giving me the notification to remain still - despite the fact that I was rock solid.   Loosening and tightening the band did nothing to change the results.

I have yet to try the troubleshooting, but have noted that Google searches show that this appears to be a relatively common issue across a number of editions of the product - which suggests (but does not conclusively confirm) software rather than hardware.

florian20211111
First Poster
Options
hi, I have the same issue with the sleep recording, nothing is happening and I have done all steps, nothing is on save mode, I will try a factory reset however I m very displeased by this. what the next steps for complaints as it s almost a year old and I don't recall my watch recording my sleep ever!!
Members_Gd6yVdR
First Poster
Options

I have a galaxy watch 3 which was a year old on 17th January... I am having exactly the same problems... no green light not recording sleep or heart rate. At present it just a very expensive watch as not much use for anything else! Very annoying tried all that's been mentioned no joy!

0 Likes
scottieg59
First Poster
Options

As with many others, mine stopped tracking sleep and a reset did not restore it. Previously, the EKG function stopped working, and that did not come back either. 

0 Likes
Davidm22
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing something similar. Steps are close enough, but not as accurate as the watch 5. The problem is that the watch 6 does not detect it record any deep sleep. (Again my returned watch 5 did.)

0 Likes