Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 13-09-2018 11:44 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
michel_a_a
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have the 46mm LTE version in Switzerland and I have not received the update so far.

Did anyone with the LTE version receive the update in Europe?

Thanks

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

I'm have the 46mm LTE, I have not received this update in Sweden 

0 Likes
Silver_Surfer
Student
Options

I have the  46mm NON LTE and I did receive the update in France.

0 Likes
SCO7TY
Apprentice
Options

I previously had the Gear S2 for 3 years with no issues.

I've had the Galaxy watch since December 18 and it's utter rubbish. The main reason I have the watch is to track fitness, heart rate etc. Heart rate isn't tracked for 90% of the workout on every workout.

I have reset it and that worked for one workout. Me and my partner have one each and they both have the same issue.

Samsung crack on like they have no idea what the problem is, so both will be going back and I'll be looking for an alternative.

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Although improved with the update, not 100% working smooth

SmartSelect_20190206-113250_Samsung Health.jpg

20190206_112842.jpg

0 Likes
Ramasas
Journeyman
Options

And where have I seen it? :thinking-face: a so here is the galaxy watch :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye:

0 Likes
SCO7TY
Apprentice
Options
When was the update? I don't think mine has taken one.
0 Likes
Ramasas
Journeyman
Options

"Gear tracker"  really works. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: I recommend. 

HR.jpg

0 Likes
Gary7
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, I tried all the so called 'fixes'. Even tried wearing on other arm.  Nothing works.

0 Likes
SCO7TY
Apprentice
Options

Tried again tonight, 40 min bike ride and barely recorded my heart rate. Couldn't have had the watch any tighter. 

Is the conclusion that this expensive fitness watch is absolutely useless then? 

0 Likes