Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 13-09-2018 11:44 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
ZiaSaleem
First Poster
Options

waiting for something positive on this. really want to buy the galaxy watch 42mm. 

0 Likes
Matěj
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. During day watches monitor HR well. If I start some sport, it does not matter what type of sport, watches stops the monitoring. I am trying to use Samsung Healt, Endomondo, and it does not helped.

Please, fix this problem as soon as possible.

0 Likes
HP1980
Apprentice
Options

It's pants. Given up with the HR figures.

Mocks me too when it vibrates to say I should readjust it for proper heart rate to get measured 

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

Try wearing your watch like this (see photo) and extremely tight. It's still not perfect, but drastically improves it.20190121_202807.jpg

0 Likes
HP1980
Apprentice
Options
Haha. Crazy
0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
But looks really weird. Better wear it normally and a tight
0 Likes
Matěj
Apprentice
Options

Yes, so do I. But I would have to have it up to my shoulder. :thinking-face: And I'm thinking that it doesn't help me anymore. :smiling-face: It really sucks.

0 Likes
Matěj
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I tried this "method", but for me it did not work. So I will try to tighten it more.

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Ah, that's a shame it didn't work for you. It has virtually solved it for me. I know it looks a bit nuts, but I only wear it like that for exercise. And I kinda like it now, the watch is nearer to you for a quick glance at your stats.
0 Likes
Zardoz01
First Poster
Options

Well after weeks of frustration I reset to factory and shaved the area of wrist under the watch and it has not failed yet. I always leave it on "always" for monitoring. I just wish Samsung would come up with an update as the watch is capabable of doing what is required.

0 Likes