Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 13-09-2018 11:44 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
GizMoCuz
First Poster
Options

Could you post your results ?

Anyone tried with their Watch3 ? Any better ?

0 Likes
Peter700
First Poster
Options

Galaxy watch active not fit for purpose. the small plate at the back came off while i was out walking. I did not take the watch off and it stopped working. Samsung wont cover it under warranty as they say there was liquid damage. the only "liquid" is perspiration. This was the second time in eight moths the back came off. What a piece of junk!

0 Likes
ebejara
First Poster
Options

I have Galaxy watch 2. Heart rate was not working, tried reboot, reinstall etc and it did not work. Then by random events, my phone got reset to factory settings and I had to reinstall the Gear app and connect to the watch (in the watch I had to select the option "connect to new phone"). Once that was done, hear rate started working again. Go figure.

0 Likes
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

This watch is not fit for purpose.

The HR monitoring (set to continuous) typical records HR data for less than 25% of the time whilst walking, sometimes less even than 10%.  I have the watch very snug, and often put an elasticated sweatband over it, so that it cannot move in the slightest.  When I add the laughably inaccurate BP measurements, and O2 readings that can differ by 9% between Watch and my S8+, I might as well guess at the various readings rather than relying on the Watch 

0 Likes