Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 13-09-2018 11:44 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Please see this thread which describes the exact problem you are seeing.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-Sport-Not-Tracking-Heart-Rate...

It is a software issue which effects multiple devices and has been present since January this year. Samsung are aware of the problem and it has been passed to the dev team.

Please post in the above thread.

By the way, Thank you for letting us know it is still not fixed in the galaxy watch.

If I were you I would return the watch whilst you still can because me and many others are stuck with the watch now (gesr sport, s3 and fit 2 pro) and Samsung refuse to fix it.

Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

I had exactly the same problem, and also it won't wake up by moving the wrist and didn't register and steps or activity. Have returned for a replacement, but Samsung is out of stock. I think they are having a lot of problems and probably holding back and trying to fix the watch. they weren't able to tell me when they would be back in stock

NathanF
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my galaxy watch, had it ten days. suddenly it doesnt register HR or GPS. not good when you find our after completing a training ride!!! support said to reset watch as its a glitch. dont like glitches on a brand new watch!! samsung need to sort it out

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi NathanF,

Haha! At least they acknowledged there is a problem.

They seriously expect people to just reset the watch every time you want to record a workout?

Samsung have a habit of just advising people to 'restart the device' or 'clear the cache' and other basic troubleshooting steps but they hardly ever actually look into what caused the problem and develop a fix for it.

M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

Samsung gave me this advice as well. I had to reset it twice for it to work, at the moment it's recording heart rate but I don't know how long that will carry on for.

There has been an update in the meantime that has run on my phone, hopefully it will stop it happening in future.

0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

Hi mine has been doing the same thing. I spoke to Samsung support, they told me to back up my watch on the app then factory reset it.  I then restored the watch using the app and so far its helped. My last 3 workouts have recorded heart rate data. I am not sure but it feels a little like the software on the watch almost needs to calibrate to the user. Maybe I'm wrong but it almost learns to track your heart rate better the more you use it. Anyone out there know if that theory is possible? 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

- Not entirely sure if its possible but Ive had mine 3 weeks today and its steadily improving in all areas, the more I charge it, the more I use it for workouts its seeming to adjust itself to my lifestyle. Sounds weird doesnt it :smiling-face:

Its also taken me 3 weeks to learn that I need to have the watch really tight, really really tight just above my wristbone to get the HR tracker to read consistently. It failed to record any workouts correctly or in fact anything over 24 hour periods but yesterday I had one last go before sending back on a 3 mile run.

Almost gave myself a chinese burn tightening it but it seemed to record much better on a run, going to try tonight at gym to see if it was a one off or not.

If not I fear its going back to samsung before deadline day, fed up waiting for them to update us all :thinking-face:
Patong
Apprentice
Options

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a hrdware issue and not a software one, which is maybe why Samsung ignores it. My thinking is that the heart rate monitor is not very good in sweaty conditions. Mine does the same, and stopped when I ran up a hill and started sweating heavily. When I went into an aircon area it started working again. 

Thoughts???

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options